13 14 cobra or c7 z06

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
This.

That package will hang with a stock C7 and you will not have to worry about heat soaking the tiny blower. Looks are subjective. Supposedly interior is worse although c7 interior is not that great. Add procharger + e85 and run with most everything.
Or just get a stock C7Z and not have to worry about mods, lol. Unless he is going to track this car regularly the heat soak is a non-issue. If he wants a two-seater that hauls ass then the C7Z is the choice. Sounds like he needs a backseat for kiddos so the GT500 should be his car. Or a Audi S7 with the turbo... Just sayin!

Blackoyote

Established Member
Oh you mean the c6 z06. I would have to buy an older one like a 0y or 06 and then do the rpm stage 3. It's just an older car which is just turning me off. Cause everything is 13 or 14 years old.

If you can spend $40k on a 2013 GT500, why can't you spend $40k on a 13 C6Z? You can definitely get into a heads/cam 13 C6Z for that range.

My94GT

Established Member
I’d get the C7Z, for the money I think they are one of the best current deals on the market. Heck wait for the C8Z to be released and the C7Z will likely take another price hit.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
c7z for the money is too hard to pass up.

its 2020, aint no way im buying a car without push button start, cooled seats, front and rear cameras. Theres just too many things the c7z offers the c6z and gt500 dont. also paying 40k for c6z is a solid no, that interior just blows. Icing on the cake for me would be taking the targa top off and putting it in the trunk. Bonus is the PDR too. Of course im talking about 2017 and newer c7z. the older ones wont have front parking camera and have the shorter intercooler lid for the supercharger.

badmpg03

Established Member
get the c7z

just don't forget the uniform

5hk9g5kod3z01.jpg

My94GT

Established Member
c7z for the money is too hard to pass up.

its 2020, aint no way im buying a car without push button start, cooled seats, front and rear cameras. Theres just too many things the c7z offers the c6z and gt500 dont. also paying 40k for c6z is a solid no, that interior just blows. Icing on the cake for me would be taking the targa top off and putting it in the trunk. Bonus is the PDR too. Of course im talking about 2017 and newer c7z. the older ones wont have front parking camera and have the shorter intercooler lid for the supercharger.
All of this^ Only car I’d personally go for over the C7Z is the gen V viper in their respective price points for under 100k cars but the C7Z can be had for far less still so it’s damn impressive

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I rather have an older car without all that fancy tech gadgets. Shoot my newest car car is a 2006 . I’ve driven a c7 zo6 and a 14 GT500 and I personally liked the GT500 better. It was a unrefined brute compared to the Z. And around here I see wayyyyyy more vettes than I see cobras (03/04-13/14’s). With a wife and kids, I vote GT500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nxhappy

Established Member
damn tough call. I would go with either car, whatever deal you can find.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Man I love all the responses! The c7 z06 price has dropped way lower then the gt500. If I cant find a gt500 for around 40k (which most people want 45 to 55k for them) I might have to consider the c7 z06. It truly is a tuff call and maybe just wait for the new z06 to come out and c7s drop more? The c6 z06 I'm not to sure about with all the problems I've been reading with their cylinder walls cracking.

smitty2919

Established Member
No to a C6Z for that price given the interior design. Hands down C7Z vs a GT500. It's a better all around car for drag racing, road racing street driving combined IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread