12x1.75 Knob on Stock Shifter or Aftermarket Stick only??

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I really want an MGW Rally Series Shifter Ball which is a 12x1.75 coarse thread and it seems like the only way to get a knob with that thread is to buy a whole new shifter assembly :nonono:

Does anybody know of a way to get a knob with 12x1.75 threads on the stock shifter or an aftermarket stick? I am willing to buy a shifter stick but want to avoid buying a whole new shifter.

Ford Racing Stick=3/8-16 (??)
Steeda Stick=Requires Tri-Ax Shifter
Roush Stick=Stock threads
etc.

Didn't stangs prior to '05 have the 12x1.75 thread pattern stock? Is fitting an older Mustang shifter stick an option? I'm new to the Mustang world so excuse my ignorance :??:

rlhay2

Established Member
Both FRPP and Shelby offer a shift lever what will bolt to the stock shifter.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Both FRPP and Shelby offer a shift lever what will bolt to the stock shifter.

Do either of these levers have a 12x1.75 thread pattern? I looked them up and the Shelby lever doesn't specify and the Ford one is 3/8x16.

There must be a way to fit a 12x1.75 ball on our stock shifter.

You're car looks tits, btw.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Sorry there is a 12x1.75 shifter available from FRPP.

And Shelby offers a billet 12x1.75 also!

I apologize but I'm still so confused :shrug: Are those just the shifter levers or the whole short shifter assembly? I don't want to buy a whole short shifter kit. But I am willing to buy a stick or lever that will fit a 12x1.75 knob and bolt to the stock shifter assembly. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. Any links to products that meet my needs would also be greatly appreciated.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Are these the levers you're referring to?

FRPP: Ford Racing Performance Parts - [Part Details]

Shelby: Shelby Six Speed Shifter Lever

The reason I am confused is because although these can be bolted to the stock shifter assembly, they do not specify a 12x1.75 thread pattern. Ford's is 3/8-16 (whatever that equals in metrics). And the Shelby one doesn't specify thread pattern.

rlhay2

Established Member
I remember seeing them when I was searching for a shifter years ago.
If you cannot find them online, I would suggest calling them.
Not all merchandise is listed online.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Ok, I found a couple solutions:

The Shelby six speed shifter lever (7S3Z-7210-SL6) is 12x1.75. I called and confirmed this.

Epco Shift Knobs offer rally stripe shift knobs, as well as many other really nice knobs. You can specify just about any feature including style, color, pattern, size etc. You can even get custom logos. This seems like the most cost effective solution since all I really want is a striped knob.

rlhay2, thanks for all your input :beer:

Last edited:

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
I have heard many great things about Grabber Pony knobs and they do look pretty sweet but I looked at them and didn't find a rally striped knob.

Users who are viewing this thread