12V Switched Power

Flaming_Maniac

Sorry this is basically relating to this thread

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?812019-12v-Switched-Power!

that I can't seem to post to, I'm not sure if it my permissions or of it was locked to avoid necro-posting? Incredibly sorry for my noobness.

---

I am trying to make the 12V power in my armrest be switched, I am following the directions Chuck laid out but haven't had much success. I wired the brown wire on the relay to the 12V port side colored wire, so that it connects to the constant 12V power when the relay is energized. If I also wire the red wire of the relay to the constant 12V power, the relay is always switched on and the port gets 12V power as expected. However, when I try to wire it to the ACC wire it's not working. It looks like that wire is only getting ~6V, and the relay needs 12V. I found what I think is the ignition wire (not the color he stated, but it acts as expected and the color he stated isn't in my car) but that is only ~2V.

Anything blatantly obvious I am doing wrong? Is there another wire in there that is actually switched 12V? I'm having trouble getting useful information from what wiring diagrams I can find.

Thanks for any help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread