12's

8urzo6

Established Member
What do I need to get below a 13.000. I have tried and tried and my best time is13.093 @104.060. I had a 1.83 60' on nitto drag radials. My mods are full bassani exhaust, lfp he,6# pulley, lfp traction bars, jlp forced air, billetflow idler. The truck was tuned by svc motorsports. I am not real happy with the tune. It has been back to them for pinging and all they did was pull timing out. I think the timing is at 13 degrees right now. any suggestions??

sic04svt

I would get a different tune because you should ATLEAST be in the high 12's easy with the mods you listed. You even have a decent 60' time. What were your dyno #'s?

sic04svt

Yea, those #'s are real low. With a #6 pulley and a tune ALONE you should be putting down anywhere between 380 to 400rwhp depending on the tune.

svtred

lambo doors on the S-V-T
Established Member
guys he said it was a mustang dyno! dynojet should put him somewhere in the 370ish range and 440ish for torque, i hate mustang dynos

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
ya, ur #'s are very low... look at my mod and my #'s.. A/F all the way is 11.7 and 15 degrees timing..
Mustang dynos are the best for tunning. Don't get caught up in dyno numbers. Get caught up in what a truck runs :)

OH-MAN

Established Member
8urzo6 said:
It was tuned on a mustang dyno. It was 340 hp and 406 tq. I know it has 12s in it. I am just stumped.

I know what you are going through.
I had almost the same mods tuned by Rob at SVC and could not get it in to the 12s I had a race tune put on the chip and could switch it when I put in race gas at the track.
My dyno numbers were 330 hp 404 tq on the mustang (same one) and 400 hp and 516 tq.on a dynojet tested a bit later on. When it cooled off I finally got a 12.88.
It is still a little warm out so wait for a nice cool night and put in some 100 race gas then you should make it.
The conditions here are hard to compare to other places in the country so don't get down, just keep on working on the launch it will come.
Going to Fun Ford weeekend ? lots of local Ls going to be there if you need any help or questions.

Last edited:

LightningMAS

Banned
OrgasmicSVT said:
Mustang dynos are the best for tunning. Don't get caught up in dyno numbers. Get caught up in what a truck runs :)

yes sir, i havent been to the track yet, but i still need more mods on my truck before i go.. but i know ill be in the lower 12's..

Users who are viewing this thread