12's here i come!!

blackfang

Established Member
So far my best ET with the following mods is a [email protected], 2.15 60' on street tires. The mods are, Mac o/r h pipe, K&N filter, Steeda shifter, and mufflers. All else is stock.

I got my speedcal, and waiting on my 4.30's. So am i right to assume with a good launch and decent traction, i can hit a 12.99 with these gears?

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I dont know if you'd hit 12's but it'll really wake up your car! Your MPH shows it is capable of some low 13's. Throw some ET Streets and I dont think you's have a problem
Good luck and let us know what you run.

Alex

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by blackfang
So far my best ET with the following mods is a [email protected], 2.15 60' on street tires. The mods are, Mac o/r h pipe, K&N filter, Steeda shifter, and mufflers. All else is stock.

I got my speedcal, and waiting on my 4.30's. So am i right to assume with a good launch and decent traction, i can hit a 12.99 with these gears?

I don't think you will do it on street tires. But if you slap on
some MT's and launch at 4500-5000, shifting at 6500 you might
do it!

:thumbsup: Peter:burnout:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member

Slap some slicks on and hit it hard and you should be able to pull it off. Slicks are usually worth .4 and with that much change in your gears I would say another .2 - .4 depending on how used to them you are.

max

Established Member
I think you can on drag radials if you can pull a 1.85 or quicker 60 foot time. Get after it.
Max

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Blackfang,
Come on over and we'll mount up my ET Streets for you hehehe... you'll hit some great ET's and traction won't be a problem. However, I cannot guarantee that you won't break an axle (unless of course you've upgraded to 31 spline or something else) :lol1:

blackfang

Established Member
Thanks Tim. I got a buddy here that is lending me his slicks. Any Luck selling the GT? I should be up your way for the F-Body shootout in May.

BTW the gears are in, and rebuilt the rear. man this car flat out gets up and hauls. I love these things.

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Thanks Tim. I got a buddy here that is lending me his slicks. Any Luck selling the GT? I should be up your way for the F-Body shootout in May.

BTW the gears are in, and rebuilt the rear. man this car flat out gets up and hauls. I love these things.

Nope she's not going anywhere at least until springtime. Good to hear you have your car up and running well. Best wishes into the 12's!!!! I'm hoping for better times then my norm :beer:

9T5SVT

Established Member
I just wanted to say my sister's 97 ran a best time of 13.53@103. She bought it used ans as far as I know the only mod is mac mufflers. It only ran 13.53 once, but mostley ran 13.6's and 13.7's. I was thinking with slicks it should go low 13's. I think thats pretty damn good for a stock 97 cobra. Makes me wonder if I should have looked for a 96-98 instead of my 95. Naa, i love my 95.

Steven

blackfang

Established Member
There are some factory freaks out there, or good drivers. With these slicks i think i can run a 12.90, in fact several people who i race with think it is possible. So we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread