Your motor with nitrous on a bad tune.
Atomic%20Bomb.gif

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
Uh huh...

And of all the people in here hating on it how many have actually used it?

I only have horror stories (but that was a bunch of stupid high schoolers). I havent used it, nor would I just due to the fact that i am stupid and would end up blowing my motor. Maybe if i had some older 5.0 that i didnt care that much about i would experiment some....

snake_01

Crazy SVT
Established Member
thanks guys, I have beening spraying for a while, but my buddy with an 01 doesn't believe it is safe so I wanted to let him hear what you guys had to say. By the way nitrous is awsome with the right tune.

99 svtcobra

When i bought my car it actually came with a n/x 100 shot wet. But it was never actually put on the car. I just don't see a point of putting nitrous on the car if you don't drag the car. Which i don't. I don't know, to me its not worth it. But your engine should be able to handle it without problems if you have the right tune..

cobrafan

dredg9

Established Member
alot of you guys that are dissing nitrous must have never used it. I couldnt get the smile off my face the first time i sprayed and everytime after that. Only thing that sucks about nitrous is that your car feels slow when youre not spraying. If you have all the add ons like fuel safety switch,window switch, bottle warmer and all the basics of a good kit you wont have problems

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
dredg9 said:
alot of you guys that are dissing nitrous must have never used it. I couldnt get the smile off my face the first time i sprayed and everytime after that. Only thing that sucks about nitrous is that your car feels slow when youre not spraying. If you have all the add ons like fuel safety switch,window switch, bottle warmer and all the basics of a good kit you wont have problems

I am not "dissing" nitrous. I am saying that due to my lack of knowledge, if i attempted to use it, i would probably end up hurting my motor.

You PRO-nitrous guys take everything to heart....

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
Any power adder incorrectly installed and incorrectly tuned is unsafe. Next summer I plan on joining the nitrous crowd as I am not in the market for a blower just yet. Kids buying kits out of mail order catalogs, throwing it on and tearing ass down the block are the problems. Properly installed and properly tuned equals a very nice performance increase. But I agree that the car will seem slow when you are on motor. And there is the downside of having to fill the bottle if your an addict or spray on the street. I plan on getting it because I drag race frequently. So ask yourself why you want/need a power adder, be it blower, turbo or nitrous. Don't do it just to be cool. Do it because you need that extra performance increase for a good reason. :burnout:

DONTLIKEYOU

Established Member
dredg9 said:
i completly agree.I used to say bottles are for pu$$ies that cant build a real motor,then i bought a car with a warranty and have been loving the kick of nitrous ever sence.I went 12.55@111 on a stock 07stang GT on a 75 dry shot which is now going away to make room for a 125-150 wet kit with some new fuel pumps:-D
and yes i know nitrous will void my warr. too but it is way easier to remove it instead of alot BOLT-ONS

Users who are viewing this thread