1217rwhp Boss 302 @ JPC

mike5876

Established Member
That's pretty insane! Very nice!
How much power do you think the stock boss motor would tolerate?

I just did a Hellion twin turbo kit on my boss but I know I'd never trust over 800 on the stock boss

86Fbody

Established Member
If the trans is stock I doubt it will last very much longer either, seeing as people are having catastrophic failures on stock or slightly higher power.

itSSlow98

Established Member
If the trans is stock I doubt it will last very much longer either, seeing as people are having catastrophic failures on stock or slightly higher power.

Not saying it'll last but I highly doubt this car will cruise around with 1217rwhp on the street.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Not saying it'll last but I highly doubt this car will cruise around with 1217rwhp on the street.

Actually, I've seen him cruising around town on more then one occasion with his previous setup (1000rwhp+) . So I wouldn't be surprised if he cruises around with this setup as well. I mean overall the car is a great street car, it still retains all of the factory options and interior.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

maniax racing

Established Member
This is my car and it will definitly be driven around on the street as well as drag raced. Car has a built LM motor on return E85 fuel system. Custom turbo kit. A magnum will be going into it very soon as I just installed one in my 900+ rwhp GT500. People asked why do this to a Boss? Why not? I like power and will be going to TX mile with it

86Fbody

Established Member
This is my car and it will definitly be driven around on the street as well as drag raced. Car has a built LM motor on return E85 fuel system. Custom turbo kit. A magnum will be going into it very soon as I just installed one in my 900+ rwhp GT500. People asked why do this to a Boss? Why not? I like power and will be going to TX mile with it

Plus as everyone points out, the fully built motor is a big attraction to guys who wanted to make big numbers, better then buying a GT and having to replace the entire internals.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Plus as everyone points out, the fully built motor is a big attraction to guys who wanted to make big numbers, better then buying a GT and having to replace the entire internals.

his has a built motor on top of the factory engine

RTD

Established Member
Stock 11:1 compression ratio or lower? Stock cams or aftermarket? How many pounds of boost were you running on the 1217 hp dyno?

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Rick why the change from the Evolution build and the Procharger? I knew the motor was done after some issues but I thought all was weel with the L and M motor and Procharger?

Users who are viewing this thread