1200+ whp from a 4.6? Yep

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member

helloWorld

Established Member
What tires did you have on your car during the dyno? They look high sidewall, which leads me to believe drag radial or bias ply. I thought one was not supposed to dyno using those kinds of tires?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Wow that is a stout build right there man!! Billet main caps!! Ugh I wish I knew about those when I built mine. Accufab said I'd be fine with the stock caps though. I'm only making 900rwhp though lol.. not 1200+ lol

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What tires did you have on your car during the dyno? They look high sidewall, which leads me to believe drag radial or bias ply. I thought one was not supposed to dyno using those kinds of tires?
They are M/T 275 Pro's. Yeah they say you're not supposed to dyno with them, but it's all I got!

Wow that is a stout build right there man!! Billet main caps!! Ugh I wish I knew about those when I built mine. Accufab said I'd be fine with the stock caps though. I'm only making 900rwhp though lol.. not 1200+ lol
Yeah they maybe aren't necessary, but got a smokin deal on em a couple years ago on eBay for $150. The machine work to fit them wasn't cheap.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea maybe that's something that I did look at but the machine work would have been a lot. I can't remember. At anyrate that's a badass car man. I've seen a couple videos on youtube before I deployed and it's a handful on the street lol.

Who did the tuning with the Holley? You? If it was, how hard was it to learn to tune yourself? I have a Dominator setup on my car and I want to learn how to do some basic stuff, it's hard to do with deployments but that will end June of next year.

Recon

Established Member
That thing is wicked. 30lbs? You have a luv psi license plate? You need one if you don’t.

Pick your poison.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Who did the tuning with the Holley? You? If it was, how hard was it to learn to tune yourself? I have a Dominator setup on my car and I want to learn how to do some basic stuff, it's hard to do with deployments but that will end June of next year.
So last year I did all the tuning, but the car never really idled and drove very well. This year I hired someone to help me and the car runs just great. The WOT stuff is pretty easy on the Holley, it's all the other stuff where having a skilled tuner helps a ton.

That thing is wicked. 30lbs? You have a luv psi license plate? You need one if you don’t.
What can I say, it loves boost! Gonna run more here soon, it's capable of it. All the potential weak points have been addressed.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll leave it for my tuner lol..

What do you have for head gaskets? you've gotta be pushing the limits on those I would think?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll leave it for my tuner lol..

What do you have for head gaskets? you've gotta be pushing the limits on those I would think?
They are Fel-Pro 26187PT and 26222PT. I think there is room for a little more before an MLS gasket starts having issues, I guess we'll see. I'm going to reach out to a few smart people who have pushed this stuff harder than me and get a better answer.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
They are Fel-Pro 26187PT and 26222PT. I think there is room for a little more before an MLS gasket starts having issues, I guess we'll see. I'm going to reach out to a few smart people who have pushed this stuff harder than me and get a better answer.
Might not be a bad idea. I know that those will start having issues soon.

I saw that you had head studs as well. Do you know which studs they are? ARP2000 I would assume.

richie_1

Established Member
Damn I missed this one at the show would love to hear it live on the street

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread