'12 v6 vs '04 2v

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Just setup a run for this evening. The car is a full bolton car: accufab tb/plenum, jlt cai, bbk maf, lt exhaust, 3.73s, tubular kmember, 315 dr, t56 swap, bama 93p tune.

my mods are in my sig. should be right at 300-310whp. Im hoping to be ona dr myself. will probably go geom a 20ish roll, dig too if possible. we will both have riders so there will def be vids plus a gopro vid.

what do yall see happening? if hes not more then a car out by then, i think my 3rd and 4th will eatem up.....

whiplash306

Established Member
Assuming equal driver skill, I'm betting you'll end up ahead both from a dig and roll on... I remain underwhelmed by your average "bolt on" '99-'04 GT. Good luck and above all, be safe!

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
based on your trap speed in sig, you will get pulled(at least from a roll) provided he doesn't mess up shifting.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I don't see you losing, 2V's don't impress me at all. Full bolt on they usually make 250-260rwhp. With a T56 and those 3:73's it's not exactly a car that's going to be screaming out of the hole. He may make more torque, but you've got him in hp by at least 50rwhp. You should have this in the bag.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I don't see you losing, 2V's don't impress me at all. Full bolt on they usually make 250-260rwhp. With a T56 and those 3:73's it's not exactly a car that's going to be screaming out of the hole. He may make more torque, but you've got him in hp by at least 50rwhp. You should have this in the bag.

LOL, a full bolt on geared 99-04 2V will be close to you if your vehicle description is up to date.

The OP traps 103 this GT should pull him IMO.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I have 2 close friends that have both built 2V's, one made 252rwhp. His mods were Accufab upper intake, 75mm TB, LT's O/R X, CAI gears, and a tune, you know everything but cams. The other had the same bolt on's with a different place tuning it and made 248rwhp. Without cams I don't see how they're making anything near 300rwhp. NMRA Factory Stock 2V's make 340-355rwhp with custom cams, and 13:5:1 C/R...etc. You're saying that a bolt on 2V makes over 300rwhp? And no, my sig is nowhere near up to date, that's from 06. Lol

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
why is whp the only thing you are basing it on? Gearing/tire size/driver mod go a long way.

OP's car should be around a 13.0, maybe high 12? A heavy bolt on/slick GT with a decent gear should be able to do that pretty easy, hell should be able to run faster than that.

OP make sure to post up vid, i think it should be a close one.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
No, a bolt on 2v makes no where near 300rwhp. Full bolt ons should be around ~270 though. My stock AUTO dyno'd 230:shrug:

A stock 99-04 2v traps ~98-100 so I think with the mods the OP says the 2v has the 2v should have him covered IMO.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
why is whp the only thing you are basing it on? Gearing/tire size/driver mod go a long way.

OP's car should be around a 13.0, maybe high 12? A heavy bolt on/slick GT with a decent gear should be able to do that pretty easy, hell should be able to run faster than that.

OP make sure to post up vid, i think it should be a close one.

I agree, that's why I said with the T56 and the 3:73's it's not exactly geared for drag racing.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Ive trapped a best of 104.5 on street tires. that was with just cai tune gears xpipe. my dad has trapped very close to 108 with very similar setup as mine now...

as for driver mod... probably equal. i have 100ish passes in my car so i have some experience.

The deal breaker will be if i can get the racestars from my dad lol. 32* here street tires arw useless on the 1-2shift.

Last edited:

Bokeo

Established Member
I got 10 bucks on you winning. Although he will put up a good fight, you know how to bang out fhe gears good.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I didn't know the 2V's trapped 99-100mph stock, I'm thinking it'll be closer than I originally thought. I'm still giving you the edge, though.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I have 2 close friends that have both built 2V's, one made 252rwhp. His mods were Accufab upper intake, 75mm TB, LT's O/R X, CAI gears, and a tune, you know everything but cams.l

I made 252 wheel hp on a dyno jet, with a cai, catted mid pipe, cat back, 373gear on 87 octane :shrug:

Ive trapped a best of 104.5 on street tires. that was with just cai tune gears xpipe. my dad has trapped very close to 108 with very similar setup as mine now....

In the mods i listed above, i ran door to door repeatedly against a bolt on lightning that trapped 108 from a 35 roll.

Hopefully should be a drivers race, poor 2vs:(

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I made 252 wheel hp on a dyno jet, with a cai, catted mid pipe, cat back, 373gear on 87 octane :shrug:

In the mods i listed above, i ran door to door repeatedly against a bolt on lightning that trapped 108 from a 35 roll.

Hopefully should be a drivers race, poor 2vs:(

That's an awful lot of power for just those mods, even you have to know that's not the average for those mods. Just look around on here at the 2V's, most bolt on cars are only making 250-260rwhp. I mean, congrats if you did make that, that's a strong running 2V. You'd make 400rwhp with full bolt on's. :lol1: Just messing with you.

Also, I don't see how you're running with vehicles trapping 108mph. My old 306 setup trapped 108 with 310rwhp and 325tq. The car weighed 3380lbs with out me in it, and was on 15" Bogart d10's, with a 1.60 60'. Again, congrats if you are, but all your numbers you're throwing out here just don't seem plausible.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I didn't know the 2V's trapped 99-100mph stock, I'm thinking it'll be closer than I originally thought. I'm still giving you the edge, though.

I trapped a best of 102 stock and 2.73s.... :beer:

Should be a good run. He handed me my first ever loss in my car when i was still stock, so some redemption will be nice. We're buds though, and it's always in good fun anyways! :rockon: We're both gonna have a rider and I'll have the go-pro mounted somewhere. :pop:

Sidenote: this crazy bastard has been spraying 75-100shots on this thing for over a year...... untuned! He just got his Bama tune the other day.

19935.slow

Established Member
That's an awful lot of power for just those mods, even you have to know that's not the average for those mods. Just look around on here at the 2V's, most bolt on cars are only making 250-260rwhp. I mean, congrats if you did make that, that's a strong running 2V. You'd make 400rwhp with full bolt on's. :lol1: Just messing with you.

Also, I don't see how you're running with vehicles trapping 108mph. My old 306 setup trapped 108 with 310rwhp and 325tq. The car weighed 3380lbs with out me in it, and was on 15" Bogart d10's, with a 1.60 60'. Again, congrats if you are, but all your numbers you're throwing out here just don't seem plausible.

Your numbers don't seem plausible either, too slow for the hp.

Users who are viewing this thread