12' TVS GT500 vs 05' ECS 1500 Vette

Poppacapp

Established Member
Met a pretty cool Vette owner last weekend, and we ended up playing a little on the highway, but the car was just picked up that day after supercharger install, and he was not used to it yet. We talked a bit about the cars and decided we needed to meet up again and try the races again. Fast forward to this past Friday night, and we were armed with Gopros. :rockon: His wasn't pointed in the ideal direction, so we didn't use that footage. Mine was pointed straight out the side from the top of the back window.

He actually has a pretty wicked Cobra too, and is on this site.. I'll let him chime in if he wants.

Setup for the race:

We met up at the Mexican border, and hit the road. Decided to do 40-130 pulls. Due to him not being able to hear the horn last week, we decided for him to slow down, then when I gear down we would go. Didn't work out exactly time wise, but was fairly close.

First run, he spins pretty bad. We chalk that one up to a tire warmup pull. ;-)

Second run, he hooks up, and I sleep slightly and he gets the hit. Once we got rolling I think imo we were fairly closely matched. Two wicked fast cars battling it out. He gets a car on me, and also singed my eyebrows shooting flames at me. :bored: I want a flamethrower..... why can't I have a flamethrower too??? :whine:

Anyway, we are supposed to try to get some good daytime runs in soon, and hopefully we can get a good start and let them roll out. I estimate him pulling very slightly. He still has to get a little more used to the car too.. so it will be a beast when he is used to it. Also, the fact he is running a N/A cam from the previous setup. Blower cam will wake it up some more. :beer:
Just a couple of 600+ cars teleporting to Mexico.

Here is the vid:

[youtube_browser]L_1fknIm1e0[/youtube_browser]

HJZ

Established Member
No kidding on the flame thrower. Good runs. Looked like fun. And I lol'ed at the Mexican music.

Poppacapp

Established Member
No kidding on the flame thrower. Good runs. Looked like fun. And I lol'ed at the Mexican music.

Hell, I might add it to my mp3 player for the car. Not a bad song actually. :) It's Cumbia Kumbia Kings. :D

Crushinator

Established Member
That makes sense with the outcome of the race. Reason I asked is that I had ECS supercharge my last Z06. While they had it, they forged the motor and did a cam with meth injection. That car made about 700 at the wheels and was just nasty nasty fast. I sold it before I had a chance to run it but that car had 140 traps in it.

ECS must've just done their base 1500 Paxton kit to your buddy's car. Those guys can certainly make some wicked fast Vettes.

Great runs!

Poppacapp

Established Member
That makes sense with the outcome of the race. Reason I asked is that I had ECS supercharge my last Z06. While they had it, they forged the motor and did a cam with meth injection. That car made about 700 at the wheels and was just nasty nasty fast. I sold it before I had a chance to run it but that car had 140 traps in it.

ECS must've just done their base 1500 Paxton kit to your buddy's car. Those guys can certainly make some wicked fast Vettes.

Great runs!

A local shop did the work for him. His is an LS2 2005 model. I'm sure an LS7 with an ECS kit would make someone spooge on the steering wheel :rockon: :D

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Good runs. If he is making 600+ you must be making ~800? lolz

Users who are viewing this thread