12 seconds, but not the way I wanted it...

Big_Torch

Banned
After getting my pulley and Fipk on, see pwr numbers in sig, I knew I would get a 12 sec pass, but with only a 12.930 I was very dissappointed. I only made 3 runs, and the last one I missed third and let it cruise out. However a fellow Cobran whom Ive learn to know from the past two trips to the track gave me a few tips and how to on launching the IRS, I simply told him, here are the keys I want to know what she is capable of. He ripped off a 1.975 60ft time and a 12.616. My 60ft time leaves some to be desired but just need to practice more.

Big_Torch

Banned
I trapped 110 two weeks ago when I ran 13.019 stock. Didnt make much sense either stock was 373hp 370tq, would think the new numbers would have upped the trap speed. Oh well :shrug:

Stitch

Established Member
Hey man.

I got the vid ready just need to do some editing for you.

I'll probably have it posted by tomorrow.

Don't be dissappointed in your car or mods. The car has a lot more in it. A drop to a 1.7 60 foot I think will see you easily in the low 12's.

When I dropped my 60 ft from a 2.2 to 1.9 I dropped my et's down from 13.9 to 13.2.

I think better times are just a few practice laps away.

Also, I don't think I was fully taking advantage of those Nitto's as I'm so used to launching on street tires.

I still think an X-pipe should be your next mod. A magnaflow catted or o/r (up to you on that one) would sound real good with the stinger catback and i think will net you a good jump in power.

Big_Torch

Banned
Love the video, thank your gf on the great filming!

Had some scary moments on the way back from the strip, car stalled out on me twice when I put it in nuetral to coast to light. Called up Dan and hes thinking it something electrical because my gas gauge was stuck at empty and then slowly went up to 1/4 tank(where it should've been). I just ordered my MWG goodies, still mad at that shift-knob for my last run when my hand flew off and I missed 3rd.

And on the gears, yeah, thats killing it, have to shift just right before the trap. I'd love to put 4.10's in it, but I would have 0 traction especially with the IRS, going to look into some solid pieces and that X-pipe.

Also, what was that part I can get to pick up my gas pedal? I think that will help out a lot, Going to get a firewall/quadrant adjuster too so I can put that floor mat back in. You were right I think that was a problem with the gas and clutch.

Thanks for the advice.

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
Dont put a 4.10 gear in your 03 cobra...unless you plan on going to a Centrifugal blower...3.73's will get you into 4th sooner...

my car went 11.24 @ 122.38 bonestock IRS 26x11.5x16 ET Streets
solid axle 3.27 gear(stock GT) 11.21 @ 122.11 never getting out of 3rd gear
solid with 3.73 11.30 @ 124.43
solid 3.73 with 70 shot 10.704 @ 127.38
" " " " "" " " 10.812 @ 125.24

on the blower only with no N2o I am getting into 4th about 900 feet
with the N2o i get into 4th just after 1/8th mile(about 700 feet)

yes it will "feel" faster with a 4.10 gear, but theses motors with the roots style blowers need a load on them to make power, at most a 3.73 money can be better spent.

Maybe the problem is in your tune....i had mine retuned, original tune it went 12.07 @ 116 on the new tune it went 4 tenths fast in the 1/8 mile and gained 4 mph in the 1/8 but only ran 11.98 @ 106-108, we had to take the program back to stock and re-write a new tune(this was using a predator) there was a problem with the tune when it was encrypted to the predator the first time and it got corrupt...

Users who are viewing this thread