12 Second Truck

JonnyLightning

What mods do I need w/o engine work to make my truck a mid to Low 12 second truck??? Only thing done so far is intake and boost by pass.

Driverlarry

Established Member
I ran a 13.0 with the mods listed on my sig. and I was babying it off the line. Later on my buddy who runs 12.5s in his eagle talon raced me and we were dead even.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
To run high 12's you need a 4 lb pulley, boost by pass, an air intake of some sort, and a good tune on a chip. Howbeit, all those are with optimal conditions and a good driver.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SM0KESH0W
To run high 12's you need a 4 lb pulley, boost by pass, an air intake of some sort, and a good tune on a chip. Howbeit, all those are with optimal conditions and a good driver.

??? not really all you honestly need is a good air , a 2lb pulley and a good launch.

my times were 12.83 on a 2.75 upper and stock belt (slippin like crazy)

and a filter

0103SVT

Established Member
What are some good companies to look for parts? I just got my Lightning Saturday and want to go shopping.

Dale-01L

Established Member
Chip, Filter, 4# Pulley = easy 12's

Especially with a race program and traction...

I ran a 12.67 @ 106.7 with the above items at a semi-shitty track..

-Dale

*edit*

Also, FYI, stock lower and 2.75" upper spins the blower almost the exact same speed as a 4# lower and stock upper...

*/edit*

Last edited:

OH-MAN

Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister04L
You don't need either of those to hit low 12's.

Man let me in on the secrect I can only get high 12s with all the usual stuff. making about 400hp 512tq. :bowdown:

Dale-01L

Established Member
Lots of people have been running low 12's / high 11's (Some even in the mid-11's) with all the bolt ons (pulley's, chip, filter, headers/exhaust, TB, traction bars, slicks, icebox, apten ported blower, etc..)

-Dale

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by OH-MAN
Man let me in on the secrect I can only get high 12s with all the usual stuff. making about 400hp 512tq. :bowdown:

Well, it also depends on the track, elevation, and weather. We're basically at sea level down here. My buddy had a 99 with a 6# lower, long tubes, full exhaust, pretty much all the major bolt ons including electric fans, etc. He dyno'd 415/534 and ran a best of 12.21@109.

Users who are viewing this thread