12 second bolt on 2v GT? Suggestions

SikO2

Established Member
Basically my plan of action is to have a visually "stock" performance GT that is capable of getting some 12s. I'm wanting awesome low end, and digss. Have some people in my town that wanna run, heads/cammed 2v gts that i personally think are slow as shit and I know I can beat them with way less money than they spent!

So my question, help suggest items that would be very minor and bring my 2002 5spd into the 12s or fast ass 1/8 mile times. I was thinking, 4:10 (possibly 4:30) gears, tuned, built suspension (please feel free to be specific), full exhaust (LT's, o/r X, catback), upgraded clutch and flywheel, sticky tires, and my trusty ol' KN filter. Thanks!

SikO2

Established Member
so a sleeper right?

Ehh I wouldn't necessarily say a "sleeper" per say. My exterior is modded and already have tons of parts in the mail being shipped to me, so I'm sure people will expect me to be modded. I wanna be able to tell everyone when they ask "oh whats done to your engine" that I only have a KN filter and exhaust then rape them.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Definitely go 4.30s. Upper and lower control arms obviously. Not sure what the best shock and strut combo would be. Bought some KYBs for mine but haven't installed them yet.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Gutted, geared, and exhausted, but I dont think that would get you 12's.

You'd need a big bottle or cams/heads at least.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
4.30 / 4.10
Offroad mid pipe
Hoosier Qtp
Remove sway bar
Short throw

See what that gets you then u/l, lakewoods, tune

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
What is that guys name with the silver GT who went 12s with bolt ons? Trevor or something?

I think he had bolt ons including LT's 4.10s/4.30s and slicks. Probably weight reduction too.

SikO2

Established Member
Ive "heard of" not sure if true, people going 12's on stock 2v's with the right mods (weight reduction, geared, and traction)

I think it's possible and I want to show that it is. Basically I want to break 12's with the least amount of engine mods possible. Mainly just gears, tune, exhaust, intake. Rest I want to be through suspension, tranny, tires, and weight reduction.

I want this car to be a shock factor, not just another 2v that has every ****ing bolt on imaginable and still cant even break 12's bc they have shitty tires, stock suspension, and stock drivetrain.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
As said before full bolt ons, full exhaust, gears and weight reduction will get you there.

Users who are viewing this thread