12 sec pass in stock motor 99SS -NEW-Original

NY04snake

track rat
Established Member
Just your everyday daily driver doing 12.9 in this new movie from last year. The motor is stock, the tune is mine, the rear suspension has been stiffened and upgraded and I have Nitto DR's. This is from a Wednesday Street night at LVD from last May. I made two more passes that night before my 10bolt was clunking so bad I had to head home. The ring gear dropped a couple of teeth and even though Jegs replaced the 4.10 set, over this winter I also had to replace the stock torsion limited slip with a HD Eaton posi more suited for the track, apparently it ate some metal but didn't start tearing itself apart for another 4K miles.

You got to pay to play, right?

I still have the original clutch in it at 28K with about 30 or so passes and I won't be going back to the track before upgrading to a RAM Powergrip HD. I know everyone has gone faster with their LS-1 but I was driving this like I had an egg under the gas pedal so I didn't smoke the clutch and it is still hanging in there. I like this car because it makes my drive to work bearable and helps to remind me why I put up with the bloodsuckers I work with.

2007-0429-LVDpits02.jpg

This movie is a 2 camera shoot and I edited it with newly purchased software Sony Vegas 8. I had to switch from Pinnacle Studio because I needed something that would install on Vista and handle HD movies from my new Sony HD video camera. Holy Moly, did Vegas have one SOB learning curve so it is not my best movie creation effort, but it is my fastest pass to date in the 99.

The 60ft was pretty bad, they never prep the track for street night, we are lucky if they even sweep it, but it got 107 and has more in it if I hit the clutch harder. Who knows, maybe if I get all the gremlins out of the Cobra this summer I will then turn my focus back on the SS and put a proper clutch setup in it along with some headers, electric cutouts, medium cam+springs+lifters but more than likely I will be dropping more money on my other money pit, but no rush I will get around to finishing the SS eventually.

Tell me what you think, good or bad. Guys can brag they have gone faster with less mods, but given what I set out to do and that fact I still have not F'd the clutch I am quite happy with a 12.9.

For best results: right click, save as... :pop:

http://04snake.com/movies/99SS-050907-12922.wmv 64Mg

Only got dial up or want to peek at a Low Resolution version first?

http://04snake.com/movies/99SS-050907-12922-LowRes.wmv

04snake.com/movies.htm

BELOW ARE DIRECT LINKS TO THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS

Terminators, late model and new edge Stangs
Fox, Lightnings, Classic and any other Ford
My original movies of other racers
Original multi-camera movies of ME rowing the gears
Everything else you see at the track, muscle cars, bikes, wrecks...

Never any Street Racing
Brought to you Banner/Commercial free
04SNAKE.com

The_Wretched

Established Member
very nice fellow LS1 brother!!!

yeah... most are faster than that... but **** em!!!! you know you could go faster... why put extra stress on the car.

nice run!!!

that's some high quality VIDEO right there!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread