12 sec bolt on 95 cobra

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
I picked this car up a couple of months ago and my first passes down the track were in the low 15's(really awful timing setting) well i got it to a 13.41@104 on street tires a couple of weeks ago and then bought some 17 inch et streets and mounted them on the stock wheels. I went out to the track last night and slipped the clutch slightly from 5k with 16psi in the tires to keep some of the drivetrain shock down(I'll be dumping the clutch with less psi in the near future)

Anyway

[email protected] w/a 1.74 60'

Bolt ons are:
Exhaust/Performance
-BBK Chrome Shorty Headers-
-Mac O/R H-pipe-
-Dumped Magnaflows-
-BBK CAI-
-Pullies-
-Pro-M Bullet 75mm-
-65mm TB-

Drivetrain/Chassis
-Welded in Subframes-
-SVO Diff Cover-
-Aluminum Driveshaft-
-Pro 5.0 Shifter-
-3.73s-

Suspension
-Eibach Lowering Springs-
-Koni's-
-BBK Caster Camber plates

Jackie Chan

Established Member
i'm either going to go heads/cam/4.30s or spray it. Im only crossing the traps at 5k rpms right now so more gear is in order. I should have the 4.30s here by next week, then i have to figure out what im going to do about a rear end

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
thats a hella good time brother mine has bolt ons also but my best time was a 14.1 @96.96 with 18"bfg dr's and my best 60' is a 1.91 :bowdown:
my bolt ons are
pos cai
9mm wires
mac shorties upr x pipe super 40's
3.73 gears
pullies best I can figure if I was at your elevation I would run a 13.4 or so this 14.1 I ran was at 3900' density altitude? any idea what yours was on this day? :rockon:I did the math and on the day I ran a 14.12 you would have ran a 13.49 at 101mph even here , thats quick , looks like I need the other bolt ons I tried the c@l 76mm boat anchor and I lost 2 tenths....lol

Last edited:

Jackie Chan

Established Member
Density alt was 0, so pretty good weather.

Dave, let me pick up a set of wheels for DD. and you can bolt them up. I am most likely going to have to drive it everyday now for a couple of months

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:

Dave, let me pick up a set of wheels for DD. and you can bolt them up. I am most likely going to have to drive it everyday now for a couple of months
hell yeah it was I can only dream of air like that....lol most of ther time its over 5000' here :cuss:

Jackie Chan

Established Member
thanks,

it went a little faster last time out [email protected] with a 1.72 . I also put a stock MAF on it. It would go quicker, but i cant launch too hard with the susp setup, the rear totally unloads and the car bounces forward(feels like it anyway). I was pullig the tire a good 3" and then it just went to crap. I have to DD the car for a month or two so i dont think i will be back out until the end of jan or mid feb. by then i should have a few more susp mods and maybe a kmember and more gear.

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
damn! I can't wait to get my clutch and some et streets! I should be in the low to mid 13's. My car has a pretty stout stock engine. It dynoed 245-300 bone stock on a mustang dyno with the timing unknowingly set at like 6*...its now up to 14. mods on in my sig

50_Dave

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:

Hah, that would own, and thanks. However i kid, as my car is my daily driver and im not going to blow up my stock trans lol.

Jackie Chan

Established Member
50_Dave said:
Hah, that would own, and thanks. However i kid, as my car is my daily driver and im not going to blow up my stock trans lol.

bahh, i had to mount up a set of cheap tires because now my snake has to drive everyday for a while. so now my et streets are sitting wheel-less in the closet for a while. I am going with some et street radials soon for FFW Street Stang so the et streets will be sold or will chill out

Jackie Chan

Established Member
17s i was rolling stealth on them. I just want to get the rear susp put together and take it back out and get some pics of it yanking the stock wheels with stock wheels on the back... :D

navi243

Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
i'm either going to go heads/cam/4.30s or spray it. Im only crossing the traps at 5k rpms right now so more gear is in order. I should have the 4.30s here by next week, then i have to figure out what im going to do about a rear end

i would really think twice.....I do not think any more than a 4.10 is neccesary. I have 4.10s, and to be honest I wsh I had 3.73 ....with the 5pds at least. i will be keeping the 4.10s as i later plan to get a 6spd

Users who are viewing this thread