12 Mustang gt with 6r80 swap/built motor in Limp Mode

droidman86

Established Member
I've read about 50+ threads about limp mode and haven't solved my problem yet. I'm hoping to find someone that might have gone though my same issue.

I recently built my 2012 motor and swapped mt82 to 6r80. Programmed ECU and crank relearn at dealer. Then tuned car with AED. Replaced throttle body/tps based on being #1 problem I've read online about limp mode.

Here's the problem:
1.Car turns on, shifts fine except it runs poorly because of limp mode.
2. Car is in limp mode
3. Does not accelerate while in (parking). Once I move shifter to (D, R, 1, 2, 3) it accelerates slowly but it does.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
When you had your Ford tech set up your PCM, did his VCM and IDS pull back any codes or issues during the set up (code numbers please). When you hook up your tuner, is it pulling back any codes?

droidman86

Established Member
When you had your Ford tech set up your PCM, did his VCM and IDS pull back any codes or issues during the set up (code numbers please). When you hook up your tuner, is it pulling back any codes?
Check engine light is off for the first 10 mins. Then it turns on, i checked dor codes and it has p0011

droidman86

Established Member
I've seen it already. Saw a couple people who had bad alternator causing that code. I tested mine and looks good.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Not quite sure how a bad alternator will affect Intake Valve Timing. You did mention that you had built your motor. Did you have the cams out?

droidman86

Established Member
I had a shop build the motor, I supposed they did have the cams out but mentioned the sprockets were never removed. All I did was put motor back to car along with transmission.

By the way, thanks for the help.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
You're welcome :) It might be worth limping it back to the shop and get the valve covers and timing cover off and verify timing. Another problem might be a disconnected/broken sensor.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Maybe you can get an uber to tow you :) Expensive but feasible, do you have a dealership nearby you can trust?

Users who are viewing this thread