12' GT500(TVS) vs. 300 SRT8(Cammed, Procharged)

Poppacapp

Established Member
12' GT500(boltons) vs. 300 SRT8(stuff bolted on :)

Some details redacted out of respect for the race participants. :)

Had the opportunity to race a very sweet Chrysler 300 SRT8 tonight. Car sounded mean as hell, and much props to the owner. It was beating the ground.

My mods are things with bolts.

Not sure of all the mods on the 300 other than stock short block, and some good stuff bolted on also. :)

Setup for the race:

Went out to eat with some friends, and one of them showed me a picture of the 300 on his phone, and he knows the guy. Texts him, and asks him if he was wanting to run anything. They are out at a local spot, so we ride over there after eating(friend has a 13' SS 1LE with Edlebrock TVS kit).

So, we get to the hangout spot, and the race gets talked up.. they wanted to run my friends SS, but he didn't want to race. They finally agreed to a 45-120 or so roll. We leave out and ride to the area we are going to race. I am in left lane, 300 in right. He honks the race off(I barely hear his horn because he was geared down and the car was LOUD). We take off and I instantly pulled on him. I would say 3-4 cars and growing by 120. I found out after we got back to the spot that he spun the first run(drag radials).

Second pull:
Same.. he honks off and I didn't take off until he got the hit.. was really hard to hear the honks. Little closer on the takeoff in 2nd gear, once I hit 3rd I started to walk away... probably 3 cars or so by the end.

3rd pull:
We turned around to head back and got back on the highway.. I was in front, so i moved over and yelled out for him to lead the way because I didn't know the way back to the hangout. He says we can wind them out ahead.. so I agreed, and we slowed back down to 40-45mph. He honks, and gets the hit again(still hard to hear honks)..close through 2nd gear, then I start to pull again in 3rd and 4th... went to shift into 5th gear and missed it. Honestly, I have not run the car fast enough to do any 5th gear shifts.. so guess I need to get used to it. I let off and he keeps going up to 150 or so. And we head back to the spot.

I thanked him for the runs.. and complimented his car... it really is one of the best sounding cars I have heard in a while.

I have some chasecar vids, but as usual, the nightime chasecar vids are not the best. I can post if anyone wants to see them though.

Vid:

[youtube_browser]kz30f_eLHNU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Good runs and kill!! Outcome sounds spot on! :beer:

Thanks. I hope the sound of the 300 comes through good on the vids. I didn't get a chance to watch them in detail.. and just on a cellphone. It was late, and had to head home. I can't stress enough how good this 300 sounded. Makes me want cams BAD... but I have to throw 4 in instead of 1. :whine:

Kiohtee

Established Member
That sounds exactly the 300 SRT8 that was at the dyno with my car! Anyway, good kill man! I wanna see your car in action again soon. :burnout:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Nice runs and that 300 sounds like no joke but looks like nothing for you to worry about

Well, just like my car in some races, his enemy would be weight. But for how heavy that car is it moved out pretty well.

Texted one of my friends this morning.. he is going to try to show the friend with the vids how to send them to me. He wasn't sure how to do the email attachments with the vids on his phone last night. Hopefully will have them soon.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Well, just like my car in some races, his enemy would be weight. But for how heavy that car is it moved out pretty well.

Texted one of my friends this morning.. he is going to try to show the friend with the vids how to send them to me. He wasn't sure how to do the email attachments with the vids on his phone last night. Hopefully will have them soon.

Oh yea with the weight those cars would be monsters but dodge aimed for comfort along with speed. U can take your family around with style and go anywhere u need but when your alone its on lol can't wait for the vids and once again nice kill

Poppacapp

Established Member
Question for iPhone owners. I am a droid person.. so I can't tell him what to do on his phone.. but what would be the easiest way for him to send the large videos to me? Email? Maybe setup a Dropbox acct and link?

Thanks in advance

clean92lx

Established Member
Question for iPhone owners. I am a droid person.. so I can't tell him what to do on his phone.. but what would be the easiest way for him to send the large videos to me? Email? Maybe setup a Dropbox acct and link?

Thanks in advance
Have him text it to you, then you should be able to get it off your phone

islander033

Established Member

Thanks in advance

Nice kill!

Have him post it on youtube then send you the link.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Have him text it to you, then you should be able to get it off your phone

Nice kill!

Have him post it on youtube then send you the link.

I think they are too big to text to me. Not sure if he knows how to do the youtube thing. I sent him a text to try to just forward the vids to me from his email. If that don't work, told him to setup a Dropbox acct, download the app, and link them to me.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Got the vids... he was able to text them. Going to join them up into one, edit etc and post on my youtube channel. Should have them up before long. I'll post them in first post.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Don't think so. It's not black. Has nice set of wheels on it tho.

Then it's not the same one that was at the shop with my car lol. Good races either way. You're car is really moving now!

Poppacapp

Established Member
Then it's not the same one that was at the shop with my car lol. Good races either way. You're car is really moving now!

Thanks man. :beer: Its definitely fun. Still on stock injectors/maf, 2.67 pulley.
Next mods are 72lb injectors, JLT 127mm cai, and 2.39 BPS pulley along with retune. Should put me north of 700 on 93 octane. We shall see. :rockon:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill poppa, put another capp in somebody's ass I see haha, love those chryslers though. How much is the weight difference between the 5hundo and 300?

I suspect that the power between you two is about the same?

<------this guy anxiously awaits for you to rerun Godzilla :banana:

Edit-must not be the same if you beat him by 3-4 cars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread