12.5 to 1 compression

derricksmustang

Established Member
Are there any guys out there that have done the 12.5 to 1 compression piston and good rods. What kinda power has been seen? I want to get a Paxton but the limits of 650 on the stock motor is making me think about pistons and rods. I seen MMR have a good deal on rebuild.

derricksmustang

Established Member
My motor only has 7500 miles on it and I'm take small steps to make it what I want. Just see what people have done. My next step is AED tune and E85.

darreng505

Established Member
My 12.5:1 motor is being built now. Is bored 3.700 with billet I beams and custom pistons, built heads, etc. Will go E85 with it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
12.5:1 compression is great for NA, not so much for boost. Unless you run the thing on straight methanol

derricksmustang

Established Member
12.5 I think would be awesome on boost seems higher compression better torque numbers less lag not as much boost needed to create same power. Correct me if I'm wrong. I like to hear and see people's builds. These new 5.0's are making mad power because of their higher compression...

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
12.5 I think would be awesome on boost seems higher compression better torque numbers less lag not as much boost needed to create same power. Correct me if I'm wrong. I like to hear and see people's builds. These new 5.0's are making mad power because of their higher compression...

Yes, but you need the octane to go with that much compression. 11:1 works fine with moderate boost and pump gas, and it doesn't need 130 octane. I don't know, maybe you could go 12.5:1 and keep it at 5 psi, but what's the point of that?

Kyle55

Established Member
12/5/1 would be auesome for n/a but cause detonation with boost. Either stay n/a with 12/5/1 or boost with stock or 9/5/1

derricksmustang

Established Member
lower boost less lag and better efficiency. instead of lowering the compression and jacking the boost way up like most do for the wow factor, I personally would rather have a higher compression motor and low boost. Im not made of money and cant do it all at one time. plus I would like to see others who may be thinking the same thing. Its all on how far you can go with the all mighty dollar but every power adder out there right now can pop the stock motor. As these cars get a little life behind them id like to see a 12.5:1 and 10lbs boost.. MMR offers the higher compression I think maybe they can chime in, im sure they have experimented with it.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
12:1, maybe more. Static compression does not mean much anyways. It's all about dynamic. Thennn camshaft profile starts coming into conversation. As long as you are not octane limited, more is better. Your tuning window becomes much, much narrower. It depends on what your goals/use are.

Users who are viewing this thread