12 5.0 vs RX8

wingless5.0

Established Member
So me and the old lady last night decided to head out and get some food from wendys when we notice a pesky lil RX8 doing fly bys. My old lady points this out and I just laugh and go its not worth my gas. We finally come up to a stop light and he is revving the #$&@ out of this thing. So I say sure Ill play. Light turns green I mash the pettle to the floor, I destroyed this thing. I shut it down at 110 realizing that I cannot even see him in my mirrior. We keep going maybe a mile or so and I see the same RX8 wanting to play some more. So I think ok lets see what it does from a roll. I honk it off and litteraly pulled bus lengths on this guy. I was expecting some what of a challenge from him.(but then i realized its a 1.3 :lol1:) My v6 usually walks these things no problem but I never expected the 5.0 to destroy one this bad. I know its not a impressive kill by any means, but it was fun beating up on wanna be race cars.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Nice "kill"...I would have like to have seen the expression on his face, though.

Like I have aruged many times over..
rice with no turbo is ................well, just rice.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I wouldn't have wasted my gas, to be honest. They're high 14 second cars on a great day.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
lol, nice slaughter

i used to beat on those things in my 350z, lol

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Perfect 50/50 weight distribution. They by no means are stop light to stop light cars (rated at like 160hp? 230tq?) but you find yourself on a track with one... they will come around you on the turns...

Good kill OP!

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Nice job. Probably not worth the gas but definately understandable when someone needs to be put into their place. I usually see rx8's with the unessecarily massive rear wing and obnoxious exhaust cutting across 3 lanes and weaving traffic trying to instigate others into a race. Such a joke..LOL.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Perfect 50/50 weight distribution. They by no means are stop light to stop light cars (rated at like 160hp? 230tq?) but you find yourself on a track with one... they will come around you on the turns...

Good kill OP!

Sure, but I'm pretty sure most of the 16 years old I see that own these things aren't tracking their cars.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Good kill OP!

I think you've got the HP and TQ figures backwards. I've heard they get horrible gas mileage and drink oil, but for a track car, they can put up a fight even with their lack of power.

S8ER01Z

Established Member

Good kill OP!

Depends on the track... this article is pretty old from 2001 and they didn't have an RX8 but it serves as a pretty good example IMHO. Handling an make up a lot for the power difference but any kind of straight will take away that advantage. These cars (I believe them to be pretty comparable to the RX8 maybe I'm wrong) were against a junk f-body even...the new 5.0 handles MUCH better and has even more power.

Thunderhill Park (Willows)
BMW M Roadster - 2 minutes, 17.28 sec
S2000 - 2 minutes, 17.66 sec
Boxster S - 2 minutes, 17.46 sec
Camaro SS - 2 minutes, 16.46 sec

Users who are viewing this thread