'12 5.0 vs ls/vtec turbo civic

DerekDTP!

Established Member
So a buddy of mine posted on fb 'anyone want to run a civic?' I couldn't resist so I commented and set it up.. Of course the Honda nut swingers were saying they wanted video of me crying afterwords, the kid him self was cool but you always get the nut swingers, anyways, his car is a built ls vtec 2.0 with a decent size turbo, should say it in the description, he put down 456whp on 14lbs, pump gas, I find this out after I opened my mouth, so I wasn't gonna back out, **** it, it's all in good fun, well we get a small group together and ride out

bolt on 5.0 vs turbo ls/vtec civic - YouTube

There was a cam+exhaust c6 I was supposed to run as well.. But the funny thing is, when me and the civic went to run a cop showed up and was talking to everyone........ As he heard us screaming down the road.. About 4-5 runs the first run I stayed in it till about 150 and he was slowly slowly creeping on me.. He spun alot which is why I pull so hard, he's gonna get his stickies and were gonna run again. He had it a bit detuned when he came out tho, still on 14lbs but different timing pulled I guess? Idk, anyways enjoy

Alien STI

Established Member
Nice kill. 2 questions. 1 why are you giving him a roll? 2 On the last run were you gave him the hit, im assuming you didnt know he was going when he started inching away (turbo lag) which is why you didnt go till he got about a car out on you?

DerekDTP!

Established Member
Because I have all seasons and put down 434/405 to the wheels with 373s.. I spin till I get into 3rd, roll racing, dig racing, Idc, street racing is street racing, all in good fun, both of us being on street tires and him spinning till 70.. A roll seemed more ideal, I gave him the hit to make it a little more interesting, then of course I miss 5th, twice lol

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
I had a very similar situation with almost the same exact set up on a Civic. This was at a track though. The guy was cool but his gf was annoying as hell. Boasting about how he was the best driver out there and that no Mustang could beat him since he beat a few riced out New Edge V6 Mustangs earlier. Little did she know that I had already beat him. So I told her to tell him to run me. She told me to point out my Mustang, so I did. She said that mine wasnt a Mustang since it didnt look like the others. Idiot. Heres the video of that.

07 Mustang GT vs Turbo Honda Civic coupe - YouTube

98BABCobra

Established Member
^^^Well at least the driver was cool, but sounds like his GF was a loudmouth b****. Not often you have to put another man's gf in her place lol

Mike50

Established Member
Good kill, but I was expecting you to get crushed. Do you think he is lying about the power that his car puts down? I would imagine that it is significantly lighter than your 5.0, and his claimed power is slightly higher than yours. Something doesn't seem to add up here.

DerekDTP!

Established Member
He had his dyno sheet, he was spinning like hell and he texted me this morning, fried a piston, maybe that had something to do with it?

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Op and I had pretty much the same outcome with the civics pushing around the same boost. I know the guy I raced was running 12.9s but with around 110mph traps I believe. With sticky tires it should do way better with that trap.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Exactly. They left immediately after that run unfortunately:shrug:

I think you made a thread about that kill didn't you?

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill. Ready to see the rematch.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Those turbo civics can be unpredictably scary with big snail under the hood. I learned the hard way. 2 months into owning the car, pompous with just a JLT, x pipe and tune and I got took hard letting him choose a 55 roll, I wasn't goin anywhere in 3rd while he was at his peak brake boosting..

1 of just a few losses, but surely the most scaring. Didn't know what kind of turbo and how much boost so I was kinda doomed from the start.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
you know the part of the vid where you tell him to just go is all he will post in honda tech, saying he slayed you.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Haha yea I remember because I got a good laugh out of that one

lol yeah I remember this every time I see a civic roll by lol

you know the part of the vid where you tell him to just go is all he will post in honda tech, saying he slayed you.

x281082

...Yo my VTEC kicked in and I was gone...V8 killa yo:bored:

usmc320

Established Member
Tell your buddy to get some projectors for those HID bulbs he's blinding everybody with.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Not buying 456 FWHP at all on that civic at 14 pounds. maybe at 25 pounds of boost?

at 14 pounds he is running almost 2 atmospheres. without any DT loss and 100% efficient turbo he would roughly double his HP output.

Since his car is not a 225 N/A engine and we know DT loss and efficiency of turbo, I would guess maybe 350 max fwhp, and that is pushing it.

either he is lying about HP or pounds of boost, I guess a little of both. My guess is 380FWHP at 20 pounds of boost.

Nice beat down by the way

Users who are viewing this thread