12 5.0 vs 5th Gen Camaro SS

wingless5.0

Established Member
I was going out to get some coffee this morning and seen this camaro cruising a few cars behind me. I think nothing of it and drive calm. All of a sudden I look in my mirrior and I see this guy weaving in and outta traffic so he must of spotted me, so I say okay why not, I slow a bit to where he can get right behind me to turn on to the major intersection (RT59). As soon as we both turn on , I grab the far lane. He grabs the next one. I hear him downshift so im like damm i have an auto :( but i shouldnt of hesitated. We were at 20 when he honked of and when he did I blew right past him till like 110. I slowed down again thinking maybe he had a problem so i said lets do it again. This time it was around 40-45 mph. He honked it off and he stole the hit, but I quickly reeled him in within mili-seconds and pulled about a car and half on him. We finally hit a stop light, we give each other both a thumbs up and that was that.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Nice slowmaro kill

I beat one that had intake full exhaust and Dyno tune when all I had was a tune and axle backs....lol

Good kill op

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
they aren't all that impressive in stock/stockish form. good kill.

No, they aren't.

I had no problem reeling one in when I was stock after he got the hit on me. Admittedly, I think his was an auto, but my car is an auto too, so....

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Good kill! The new Camaros and Challengers around the San Diego area are getting really pesky. I run into at least one or two of them that want to run whenever I go out for a cruise.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
good kill, they really are unimpressive when compared to the mighty LS1 lol.

I came up on a guy yesterday that was rolling in a SS VERT (the tag said so :coolman:) i kinda tried to see if he wanted to play, i think the 40mph rolling burnout kinda sealed the deal :rockon:. I did see a ZL1 going the other way today. I was heading home from work, I shoulda turned around to see if he wanted to play.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
good kill, they really are unimpressive when compared to the mighty LS1 lol.

I came up on a guy yesterday that was rolling in a SS VERT (the tag said so :coolman:) i kinda tried to see if he wanted to play, i think the 40mph rolling burnout kinda sealed the deal :rockon:. I did see a ZL1 going the other way today. I was heading home from work, I shoulda turned around to see if he wanted to play.

Nice, I'm trying to get a buddy to do some rolls with a ZX-11 up here.. so that should be fun. Might have to put the D/R's on though unless we start at 90 depending on road temp

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Good kill! The new Camaros and Challengers around the San Diego area are getting really pesky. I run into at least one or two of them that want to run whenever I go out for a cruise.

I wish I could run into them. I've had my cars for two years and I've found one Camaro and one Challenger that actually wanted to run. Sigh.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
I wish I could run into them. I've had my cars for two years and I've found one Camaro and one Challenger that actually wanted to run. Sigh.

Lol same here...and I destroyed both of them....

Users who are viewing this thread