12 5.0 vs 01-08 SL55

wingless5.0

Established Member
I was getting gas before work when I see this guy get into his benz, didnt think anything of it. But as Im leaving he quickly notices me and follows behind me.

I pull out onto the local intersection (2 Lane) I grab the left he grabs the right. He paces me for a good mile, I still didn't think anything of it till I glanced over and saw some similar markings of an AMG (wheels, side vents, etc). I looked over at the guy and he decides to hit it, I follow suit. We were fender to fender until we hit traffic. Was actually surprised at the outcome. His car sounded stock but was very clean. My car is 12 5.0 auto, intake, tune, exhaust. Not really a kill or death, but surprised....

kaz109

Established Member
Nice run, you car runs strong! The SL55 was replaced with the 63 before 08 so it was probably an 04-05 and that car makes 495hp and 516tq.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
If it's an SL55, it would have a long V8 Kompressor badge on the side. If it was a SL63, it would have a brushed aluminum fender vent with 6.3 AMG badge. Either way sounds about right.

Users who are viewing this thread