12 5.0 Auto vs 12 5.0 6spd

wingless5.0

Established Member
Me and my buddy were coming back from a cruise and we did a couple pulls.

His car : 12 5.0 6spd
-Intake
-Boss Mani
-Roush Axlebacks
-Cat deletes
-Bama "cam" tune (most likely 93octane)
-3.31s

My car: 12 5.0 Auto
-Intake
-Roush Axlebacks
-Bama Tune 93R
-3.15s

We did about 4 60 rolls in total. 2 of them were door to door. 1 of them I pulled a fender. And the other he pulled a fender. I was pretty happy with outcome. I did have a passenger who was filming so I will try to get the video she has

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I would think the edge would go to the catless Boss. Is your friend's car tuned for the Boss as well?

OneSlowV

Established Member
Thats what i run still with his mods i figured he would of pulled up top. But then again the A6 is stout

5.0jake

Established Member
A win is a win but judging from the mods the manual should have won on paper. Either a crap tune for the Boss IM and or crappy driving not utilizing the Boss powerband ...

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I'm an auto guy and love it, but I have to "guess" here, but I find it hard to believe that the Boss with cat deletes shouldn't have pulled you if properly tuned. And I hate to say it, but he (and you) have the least respected tune of any of the well known tuners (Bama). With that said, go get cat deletes and Shaun @ AED to tune YOUR car and don't mention that to your buddy. You will beat him down next time!

I had pretty much the exact same mods as you and ran 13.0 @ 110mph. Got the cat deletes and had AED tune the car and it ran 12.65 @ 113.64 on a crap run with zero traction. That's a solid 30ish horsepower gained!!

OneSlowV

Established Member
I have the bama tune to. I think it works great and really woke the car up plus having cat deletes. I thought all AED tuned cars were all 116 mph plus trap cars :poke: :)

5.0jake

Established Member
=OneSlowV;13620671]I have the bama tune to. I think it works great and really woke the car up plus having cat deletes. I thought all AED tuned cars were all 116 mph plus trap cars :poke: :)
He would have gone faster for sure with a better 60 ft.

I ran a 12.9 113 mph with the Bama 93R tune and cattless H. I too had a crap 2.2 60ft due to crap traction with crappy bald stock tires on that run. Left off idle without launching. Shifting into 5th with my 3.73's before the traps slowed me down as well.

Smoked

Established Member
Well even with the mod difference some cars are just better built from the factory. There's like a 5-10% HP variance among identical cars from same factory so you could have one that was on the higher end and he could have a crappier one and with the mod difference he's just equaling what you have now.

Sick03Vert

Banned
So THAT'S why time went back an hour....two 5.0's racing each other have thrown the Earth off it's normal axis.

I thought I felt something....you guys gotta be careful unleashing that much power. :-D

:pop:

OneSlowV

Established Member
I thought with raised rpms you didn't have to shift into 5th with 3.73s ? Makes me not wont to get rid of my 3.31s

Users who are viewing this thread