'12 3.7l v6 vs. Stage2 srt4 **Vid**

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Boy I know just got a local srt4, and gave me a shout seeing if I wanted to run'em. I don't know much about the car (neither does he), its a factory Stage2 car I believe, cai, some exhaust work, spikes at 23psi, holding 20.

I took one for the team (yall :D) and got my brother to ride with me so I could get it on film. We swapped him out to the neon so we could compare the two scenarios.

While me and the neon were running, an ls2 goat caughtup with us and wanted to play. We all pulled over and talked for a while. The goat is a 6spd, full lt exhaust, cai, dyno tune car, put down 390whp he said. We got him to go from a 40 against the neon, I knew what was gonna happen against me, but I did it for sh!ts and giggles anyways! :)

2012 Mustang 3.7l v6 vs Stage2 SRT4 + ls2 GTO - YouTube

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Me neither bro, lmao! Surprised the hell outta me. Not that my car is fast, but his was quicker for sure. We're figuring he'd be 1-1.5 cars out if we were by ourselves. Cant win'em all though!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Boy I know just got a local srt4, and gave me a shout seeing if I wanted to run'em. I don't know much about the car (neither does he), its a factory Stage2 car I believe, cai, some exhaust work, spikes at 23psi, holding 20.

I took one for the team (yall :D) and got my brother to ride with me so I could get it on film. We swapped him out to the neon so we could compare the two scenarios.

While me and the neon were running, an ls2 goat caughtup with us and wanted to play. We all pulled over and talked for a while. The goat is a 6spd, full lt exhaust, cai, dyno tune car, put down 390whp he said. We got him to go from a 40 against the neon, I knew what was gonna happen against me, but I did it for sh!ts and giggles anyways! :)

2012 Mustang 3.7l v6 vs Stage2 SRT4 + ls2 GTO - YouTube

yeah sux but cant win them all, you have a base v6 ! a fast v6 for sure! esp compared to every other v6 mustang every made! but seeing your times, I guess his car is a strong 12 sec car,

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Man your 3.7 is quick! Nice ride. :beer:

I had a SRT-4 back in 2003. As ugly as it was, that was a fun car! Fooled a lot of people as you do. I had Stage 2 as well. No SRT-4 came from the factory with stages. What was great about the car was it was fully supported by Mopar with plug and play mods. No tuning needed.

Mopar Stage 1: injectors, ECU $399
Mopar Stage 2: injectors, ECU, wastegate, map sensor $899
Mopar Stage 2 toys: Same as S2, add intercooler sprayer, race fuel tune, and "dial-a-boost" (3 levels of boost...1 low boost. 2 reduced boost in gears 1 & 2...full boost in 3, 4, 5....3 full boost all gears) $1299 (complete kit if starting from stock)
Mopar Stage 3: same as Stage 2, add turbo, injectors, map sensor $2599 (complete kit if starting from stock)

All plug & play......

My times were the following:

Stock: 14.2 @ 99 (210 fwhp / 242 fwt)
Drag radials only: 13.8 @ 99
Mopar Stage 1 / DR: 13.5 @ 101
Stage 1 / intake / exhaust / DR: 13.3 @ 103
Mopar Stage 2 toys / intake / exhaust / DR: 12.8 @ 108.8 (265 fwhp / 306 fwt)

Nice run and nice car :beer:

Last edited:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Great Vid! Cameraman did a good job there. nice runs.
Thanks! Yea the boy is a pro by now, lol. He's been street racing/filming a lot longer than I have, even though he's 3 years younger.
Daytime vids FTW and it definitely shows what kind of difference a 300 pound passenger makes!!
:beer:

yeah sux but cant win them all, you have a base v6 ! a fast v6 for sure! esp compared to every other v6 mustang every made! but seeing your times, I guess his car is a strong 12 sec car,
Compared to the 3.8/4.0's, worlds different! But fast, naaaaah be a long while before it gets that title. Im thinking he's in a high-12 car.

Man your 3.7 is quick! Nice ride. :beer:

I had a SRT-4 back in 2003. As ugly as it was, that was a fun car! Fooled a lot of people as you do. I had Stage 2 as well. No SRT-4 came from the factory with stages. What was great about the car was it was fully supported by Mopar with plug and play mods. No tuning needed.

Mopar Stage 1: injectors, ECU $399
Mopar Stage 2: injectors, ECU, wastegate, map sensor $899
Mopar Stage 2 toys: Same as S2, add intercooler sprayer, race fuel tune, and "dial-a-boost" (3 levels of boost...1 low boost. 2 reduced boost in gears 1 & 2...full boost in 3, 4, 5....3 full boost all gears) $1299 (complete kit if starting from stock)
Mopar Stage 3: same as Stage 2, add turbo, injectors, map sensor $2599 (complete kit if starting from stock)

All plug & play......

My times were the following:

Stock: 14.2 @ 99 (210 fwhp / 242 fwt)
Drag radials only: 13.8 @ 99
Mopar Stage 1 / DR: 13.5 @ 101
Stage 1 / intake / exhaust / DR: 13.3 @ 103
Mopar Stage 2 toys / intake / exhaust / DR: 12.8 @ 108.8 (265 fwhp / 306 fwt)

Nice run and nice car :beer:
Thank you sir! :beer: I 'preciate the breakdown of info too, as I don't know a lot at all about the skittles.

That 6 is doing work.
It does a lil sum-sumn, thanks! :rockon:

good vids. atleast they wasn't shot at night.

You seem like you might know a bit about skittles, lol. Whats your take on the situation? High 12 car he's running in?

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Was just told the car went 8.6's @ 86mph in the 8th, before (bigger?)intercooler, boost controller, and wastgate actuator.... whatever thats worth...

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Was just told the car went 8.6's @ 86mph in the 8th, before (bigger?)intercooler, boost controller, and wastgate actuator.... whatever thats worth...

The 8.6 @ 86 is good for low 13s @ 107+.

If his car is running right with the new mods and a stickier tire, he should definitely be high 12s.

Last edited:

rubicon04

SVT Poster
Established Member

Tell him to lose the boost controller, its hurting him. On the stock turbo you use the adjustable wga to regulate boost.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks guys! The 3-7's are slowly making a name for themselves. They're not 'knock your socks off' performers, but they work very well with a few mods.

I should have some more vids up this weekend. Going to an event at the local 1/8th mile track. Gonna be on Racestars, skinnies and rears, and the M/T et street bias plies. Hoping for an 8.3x... we'll see! :D

Users who are viewing this thread