'12 3.7l v6 VS '11 Vdub & Bolted Fox

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Well, I know these are uber-slow (yea, I said uber) cars compared to 98% of yall on here, but I like to hang out here and also try my best to rep my little ol v6. :poke:

Got up with my brother this last Friday and went out looking to shoot the sh!t and maybe get some runs in.

While at the 'spot' hanging out, I see the GTI I ran a while back. He comes up asking about a local s2k he had just ran. When he was getting ready to leave, I asked if he was looking for another run, "Sure" with his big shit-eating grin. I knew then that he had done a little more work since we last ran, fortunately so had I. :D

So, we are making our way to the highway, and get in a mix of a couple NE's and a fox. The 2 NE's keep straight, the fox follows us onto the highway. The vw and fox line up and hit it, I blew by the fox, and started reeling in the VW.(I would have passed him had we kept in it a bit longer).

Me and the vdub line up several times. 40ish roll, he honks and we roll out! I instantly pull 3/4 car, bang 3rd and feel the assend kick a little while pulling another car, hit 4th and continue to pull out to 2.5-3 cars or so. This was pretty much the case for all the 2nd gear pulls. 1st gear wasn't much difference, because my traction issues negated any tq advantage I had. You can see the rear walking a little in the video. I think I managed to pull closer to 3 cars from the 1st gear hit.

Then me and the fox line up. I know the boy, he claims the mustang is stock, but he didn't know my brother already knows what it has done. We went from a low 2nd gear roll, and I put maybe close to 3 cars on him up to 120.

Mods: GTI-3in dp-back exhaust (de-catted with a resonator), "stage 2" cai, tune, 15psi
Foxbody-3.73s, Full boltons minus intake mani and MAF (stock, lol.....)

Heres a couple go-pro vids from a chase car behind us. Not the best, but you can see the pull I had on both cars. I wanted to put the gopro on my car but the guy had just got it and was about to pop its cherry, so I was cool riding solo knowing some kind of vid being taken.

'12 3.7l v6 Mustang VS '11 GTi & Bolton Foxbody - YouTube

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Meh... I didnt mean it gets sideways or anything lol... just a little shift in the assend. Shit tc kicks in if I powershift 4th with it on. Probably just real sensitive electronics? That and hi-30* temps...

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks fellas! The car should be a 12.8ish car with 107-108 traps now, its just a matter of the driver getting it there!

Im real pleased with the exhaust setup. Best Ive heard on these cars if I say so myself. Just had to think outside the box a little. To hell with paying $400-700 for a damn axleback!

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Yea these cars are on par with or quicker than the v8s before it save for the post-98 4v cars. The 99-01 cobras and 3vs are good runs stock for stock with the edge to the v8s. Like Ive said before... 13.78 @102 bone stock with 2.73s, 32mpg during the 120mile trip to the track, not to mention what they do in the twisties... cant beat it for 22.5k. (when talking new of course)

edit: fwiw Im pretty close to full boltons. need more suspension work now!

Last edited:

CompOrangeStang

Established Member
Yea these cars are on par with or quicker than the v8s before it save for the post-98 4v cars. The 99-01 cobras and 3vs are good runs stock for stock with the edge to the v8s. Like Ive said before... 13.78 @102 bone stock with 2.73s, 32mpg during the 120mile trip to the track, not to mention what they do in the twisties... cant beat it for 22.5k. (when talking new of course)

edit: fwiw Im pretty close to full boltons. need more suspension work now!

I'd agree. My 2011 V6 DD is probably quicker stock for stock than my old '04 GT pre-mods.

I see you are in VA. Let me know if you come across any cheap V6 bolt-ons, like intake, axlebacks, etc. I'd like to put a couple things on my DD, but don't want to spend too much since that money is better spent on my Cobra.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Good runs. I watched some of your other videos and that V6 is hurting some feelings! I was surprised how well that 03 GT hung with you.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I'd agree. My 2011 V6 DD is probably quicker stock for stock than my old '04 GT pre-mods.

I see you are in VA. Let me know if you come across any cheap V6 bolt-ons, like intake, axlebacks, etc. I'd like to put a couple things on my DD, but don't want to spend too much since that money is better spent on my Cobra.

I know when I was stock I handled a couple light-bolton 2vs. I'll give ya a shout if I hear of anything for sale. My dad (z28th1s) might be selling his Force2 axleback and Im selling my Lethal midpipe....

good and thanks for the vid. IMO id rather have a bone stock GT than a fixed up 6er. To each his own though .
Thanks. I can understand that. I had the choice between an 04 vert GT or this v6. From a performance standpoint it was a no brainer....

Good runs. I watched some of your other videos and that V6 is hurting some feelings! I was surprised how well that 03 GT hung with you.

Thanks man! The main reason he hung in so well was the driver/passenger weight difference. My brother outweighs both driver and passenger in the gt and Im no lightweight at 268lbs. 600lbs of manmeat vs. maybe 375-400lbs.... lol. Gotta have my wingman though until I can get a gopro of my own! :beer:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
These new V6's run just as good as the pre2011 GT's. With full boltons it will hurt some feelings.

I am doubting the 3.7 runs as well as 05-10 GT with matching bolt-ons. Close race but I would still think the older GT would take newer V6.

Drivers race at best?

goat-ee

Established Member
I never thought the day would come that I would like the V-6 Mustangs. But that 3.7 sounds good and runs damn good. I would actually consider buying a used one as a driver, and of course do the bolt-on thing. A good exhaust on those really sounds nice!!

Good job on yours, runs great!!

REPCobra10

Established Member
Nice runs, OP...:beer: These 3.7L's get it done and can surprise the heck out of a lot of people that think "it's only a V6"...:lol1: Good job, man! Also, are you planning to do anything else to your Mustang like nitrous or other power-adders?

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I am doubting the 3.7 runs as well as 05-10 GT with matching bolt-ons. Close race but I would still think the older GT would take newer V6.

Drivers race at best?

I agree, it would be the 3vs race to lose. I've only ran into 3v's at the 8th mile track, and it didn't end good for them. One was a buddy in his stock car, first time at a track with a stick car. The other was against a car with the same mods as me (at the time), but he had a DR and I was on street tires. I outdrove him twice in a row, each lane. I have videos of both instances. :beer:

I never thought the day would come that I would like the V-6 Mustangs. But that 3.7 sounds good and runs damn good. I would actually consider buying a used one as a driver, and of course do the bolt-on thing. A good exhaust on those really sounds nice!!

Good job on yours, runs great!!
Thanks a lot! I never thought that day would come either. Growing up having a dad whose had over 50 foxes, 3 termis, and a slew of other muscle cars, v6's were never ever thought about when racing came to mind! :beer:
Nice runs, OP...:beer: These 3.7L's get it done and can surprise the heck out of a lot of people that think "it's only a V6"...:lol1: Good job, man! Also, are you planning to do anything else to your Mustang like nitrous or other power-adders?
Yeah, I still have to laugh at the "its still a v6" comments. But, it is what it is, you have your faithfuls out there, can't knock'em for sticking to their guns. I'm a performance guy though, I appreciate anything that runs good. If you have a 500hp minivan, and can get it down the track, :beer: I do plan on throwing come f/i to the 6 one of these days. N20 isn't on the list though, first guy to try it had it puddle in his intake mani and grenaded the motor. The turbo options are few, but very enticing. 500tq to the wheels on a stock motor sounds good to me! I will probably end up going with the Procharger with the D1 headunit. It'll be a while yet, maybe more turbo units will be out, or, OR, maybe a twinscrew...... :dancenana:

I really appreciate the compliments guys! Coming from folks with the caliber cars that ya'll have, it says a lot. And I know ya'll aren't shy about flaming people, lol. One day it will be a "high hp" beast like most of the ones on here, but until then, I'm just trying to make the best of what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread