'12 3.7l v6 vs. '11 Subie STi

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Cruising down the road heading to the carwash today, I notice a white subie working his way through traffic to get to me. He starts getting next to me and I downshift and goose it, let him know what my intentions were. His were the same.

We gear down, Im in 2nd, he honks and we're off, but for a very short distance, only into 3rd a couple hundred rpm's. I kept a fender on him until we let out.

We take a right turn, and go from a 1st gear roll this time, about 20mph for me. 3honks, I pull a fender through 1st, through 2nd he's stopped my pull it seems, 3rd I got out another couple feet. 1/2 car or so.

We stop at a light, I tell'em nice car, he returns the compliment. I ask the year, he said 2011. Then he asks "Hey, is that a v8, or a ::gulp:: v6?" I smile and say its a v6. "Holy ****" is his response. I ask if wanted to head to the highway, and he obliges.

We could only go from a very high 2nd gear roll, about 5k or so for me. I honk it off, 3rd one we're gone! I instantly pull a 1/2car on the jump while he was waiting for his snail to wake up. Bang 3rd, and pull out another 1/4car. Hit 4th, and up to 110-115mph I inched it out to nearly a full carlength before we had to shut it down.

The car had temp tags on it, and sounded stock save for the relatively quiet bov I heard. I was pretty stoked. Dunno much about them, I now they're respectable in stock form. Nice kid, we exchanged thumbs up and headed about our way.

Thanks for looking!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Hey, nice runs. The new six shooters are pretty impressive. Finally where the Mustang should have been all along.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks guys! Like I said, I don't know too much about the Subies, but I knew the new STi's are 300ish hp with good gearing, and run damn good out the box! Im pretty sure it was stock, except for that bov. I was proud of the outcome. Im sure a dig run may have changed things a bit, but my car does pretty good from a stop too.

sdg97232

Established Member
Lol nice kill! Im sure he will think twice about picking a fight with the new 5.0 now that he knows he cant pull on the 6er lmao.

Kirk01

Established Member
Reading your kills makes me respect the new v6 so much more. Sounds like you've got a killer ride:beer:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks guys! Im working my way up the ladder as far as what I can run with. Killed a handful of 2v's, sn95 cobra, etc while stock. Now Im running with bolton 3vs, stockish sti's, bolton/geared/full exhaust lt1's, stock L99 camaros....

Im very pleased with the way the car runs. I used to tuck my tail when I said I drive a v6, cause, well, it just aint right! Lol... but 29ish mpgs on the highway to the track, yank the front left a couple passes, and 29mpg back home, I can work with that! :)

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Reading your kills makes me respect the new v6 so much more. Sounds like you've got a killer ride:beer:

make you respect them....makes me shit my pants thinking im going to get whooped by one sometime soon:bored:

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
actually the newer 09+ WRX is a tenth of a second quicker in the 1/4.... they are lighter and the fact they are a 5 speed gives them the slight edge. 1st and 2nd are also very quick gears.

i miss mine :(

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
Good kill OP. I'm looking at STI's more and more... It's the devil inside... I do want but I'm afraid it won't touch the cars I run with in AutoX and the street.

There is an 08 build STI at my favorite shop that is easy 500 AWHP on 93 octane.

Users who are viewing this thread