'12 3.7l v6 vs '11 Subie STi Round 2 *vid*

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Me and the wife were riding up the 'strip' this evening when I see the subie I ran the other day coming up quick! I get'em to pull over so we could shoot the sh!t. He's a young kid, 19, but super cool guy. My brother shows up, and we talk for over an hour.

I asked if he'd been weighed yet, so we went to the little scale spot that my brother and I knew about. (car weighed 3080 with 3/4 tank) On the way, we got a couple more runs in. My brother was with him, and filmed the action.

First run was a 2nd gear roll to about 110ish, close to the top of 4th for me. Run 2, low 1st gear roll to 120. Run 3 was a 2nd gear roll through 4th.

2012 Mustang 3.7l v6 vs 2011 Subaru STi-highway runs - YouTube

Fooln Ya

Established Member
He was stock, besides his bov. When we ran last week I thought I only put a car on him, but maybe it was more. This time it was 2+ cars by 120.... dunno. I know we were even as far as passenger-weight, so that shouldn't have been a factor.

It wont take much to flip the outcome. 'Fore too long he'll be out with a intake/tune, and will maybe need a couple more psi, then my ass is history! Lol....

Another great example of how these runs should be. We stopped, shook hands, and talked for another hour about our rides!

What do ya'll think about the sti's weight? Seems a little light doesn't it?

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
^He has to have weight reduction the sti's esp the new ones are no where near 3,000 lbs stock, I belive they are 3,200-3,400 lbs, now add in more fuel or accesories or people in the car = more weight, That seems way to light

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It's more likely that the scale was off. Did I hear in the video that you wouldn't do a dig race?

Kirk01

Established Member
Living in tourism central, I see countless rental v6's. Your videos make me shudder at how little it takes to make them such monsters.

As for the weight, I can't see how it would be so light stock, maybe the scale was off. Did you weigh your car to compare?

lawnmower22

Established Member
^He has to have weight reduction the sti's esp the new ones are no where near 3,000 lbs stock, I belive they are 3,200-3,400 lbs, now add in more fuel or accesories or people in the car = more weight, That seems way to light

This.

My 05 with no weight reduction was around 3400lbs. I'm sure they are heavier now.

Good kill for sure!

Fooln Ya

Established Member
**UPDATE** Yes, the scales are WAY off now! I just took my car up there to maybe help clear things up..... it said 3020lbs for my car, lol. In March at the track it was 3395, so its off just a wee bit.....

Makes a LOT more sense now, as we were all baffled by the weight. Shoulda just put my car on there for direct comparison, but didnt expect the scales to be off as they were right earlier this year....

Alien STI

Established Member
He doesn't know much about his car. That bov is doing nothing but hurting him. Nice kill op. As far as his weight the scale is off or weight has been removed and it isn't easy with our cars..

Fooln Ya

Established Member
I would like to see a dig race between you two since you raped him from a roll.:banana:
Yea, me too. I tried, but he didn't oblige.

He doesn't know much about his car. That bov is doing nothing but hurting him. Nice kill op. As far as his weight the scale is off or weight has been removed and it isn't easy with our cars..
You're exactly right, he doesn't know much at all about the car. He just got it 2 weeks ago I think he said. I know it wont take much more than a tune to change things, just hope its a little while before he figures that out! :coolman:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Op..nice run man! You really ran away from that STI.
I have to say that the new V6 Stangs are more impressive each time I see races like this.
Damn..now I have to even watch out for the V6's too...:uh oh: What next?

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
Sick dude! I knew the new 3.7s were doin work but you're the proof. Keep goin with mods, I wanna see her faster. :rockon:

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thank you sir(s)!

Not too many more boltons out there at the moment. $800 d/s, $1k lt's+mipipe, $500 bbk tb (pointless na), clutch/flywheel-expensive.....

Just gonna wait for that winning lottery ticket I reckon. Central Florida Motorsports just broke their record with a 11.11 @124, stock motor, so the lil 3.7 is as impressive when pushed to its limits as well.

Users who are viewing this thread