'12 3.7l v6 VS '04 gt + k20swap Civic *vid*

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Well, the bench racing finally came through this time! Even got an extra run in too!:banana: Both guys are buddies of mine. All in good fun.

The video is pretty detailed as to the mods of all the cars involved. One thing to keep in mind, is the weight difference we had going on. My brother and I are about 590lbs of man, lol, so we outweighed the mustangs driver/passenger by about 250lbs, and the civic's by about 200-220. Also, the civic has gone 8.20s on street tires, and 12.5 @ 108 on slicks... fwiw anyways.

Here are the vids. One run wouldnt work right for my brother, who made the video again for me. So he just uploaded it on his youtube. Also, Im sorry, but for whatever reason (song I guess?), the video is not viewable from mobile. :bash:

2012 Mustang 3.7L vs 2004 Mustang Full Bolt On + K20 Swap Hatch - YouTube
'12 3.7 Mustang vs bolt on 2v Mustang - YouTube

Kiohtee

Established Member
damn that civic moves out for 211 hp!

200whp in a Civic will scoot, but there's something about those K's that just pull so damn hard. And good kills? That 2V was pretty close. I thought for sure he would take you, but you probably are up on power.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Oh the 2v guy knows it would be a little worse if we were both solo. The one 20mph run got got short, and I was starting to pull decently it seemed. But he already said, joking of course, that he was going to have to spray me when I kick my brother out the car.

211hp in a 2200lbish car WILL fly! And yes, those k-series seem to really outperform themselves. When he told me he went 12.5 on a tire, it really perked my interest in what my car will do. No where near that 12.5, but his 108 trap might to be too far off.

Edit: Im not claiming a kill on the civic. He pulled back hard through the top of fourth. The last run went up to 130ish, couple 1k rpms into 5th. You can see I start to pull back a little, although he did hit the rev limiter before shifting to 5th...

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nice runs, kinda surprising though. That civic moves for the power, wow.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
As expected, that was dead even.

Nice runs.

In the other thread you said the 2V would win, so unless you changed your mind, this wasnt what you expected. Lol

Also I just watched both of these videos from my iPhone, maybe it's just androids that cant.

Last edited:

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I'd be interested to know the power numbers on both cars.

As would I. Obviously the 2V had the torque advantage, you can see that really plainly in the 2nd video. I think the 6'er just has the hp advantage and extra rpm helps also.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Nice runs son!! :beer:

Next time get the GoPro sorted out and run again with both of you solo and the outcome will be even better!!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
As would I. Obviously the 2V had the torque advantage, you can see that really plainly in the 2nd video. I think the 6'er just has the hp advantage and extra rpm helps also.

Yeah, seems that way. A dig run would be interesting.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Take the 330 pound passenger out the v6 and then I'd beg to differ.....

Put 17inch street rims back on the v6 :shrug:

In the other thread you said the 2V would win, so unless you changed your mind, this wasnt what you expected. Lol

I said it would get pulled based on his trap speed, which was old i guess, I never said by how much. I expected a 1/2-1car win from the initial jump it would get.

Technically the v6 won by 1/2 car, but they sat there the whole pulls. Exciting runs.

Kiohtee

Established Member
It's gonna be a disheartening day when I get beat by a V6 Mustang, despite the year/mods, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I wish I was in a position to buy a new V6, they're quite impressive.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
As expected, that was dead even.

Nice runs.

Lol, neither were quite dead even. Its hard to tell because the video was stopped so abruptly, but from the 20 roll I had a decent pull going against the 2v. We just came up on traffic and had to shut down.

Nice runs, kinda surprising though. That civic moves for the power, wow.

Yes it does! I love that car! I believe its gone 7.9-8.0s in the 8th on a tire. Must me nice to be that light!

Take the 330 pound passenger out the v6 and then I'd beg to differ.....

Gotta have my wingman though! Lol.... guess I need to re-run without ya though to get a clearer outcome

Also I just watched both of these videos from my iPhone, maybe it's just androids that cant.

May be.... my last 2 videos haven't worked on mobile.

I'd be interested to know the power numbers on both cars.

Me too. All stock exhaust, I was at 279-270. After seeing a couple longtube installs and the numbers after, my dad's included, I'm guessing/hoping to be around the 300-310 mark.

That 2nd video.... He got me from about a 30 roll, bad spot in 2nd for me. That plus he kinda sort took the hit, gave him the jump. You can hear how much he wound out 4th in that vid, but in the last run of the 1st vid (which was our last run), he let out way before the top of 4th. Declined any more runs, gave me a big thumbs up, then texted me later expressing his utter shock, lol.

Nice runs son!! :beer:

Next time get the GoPro sorted out and run again with both of you solo and the outcome will be even better!!

Thanks dad! :beer: Yeah I need to read up on that gopro before next time lol.

Yeah, seems that way. A dig run would be interesting.

I would be down for a dig. The boy can drive, but I have the track experience, and the better drag radial.
Put 17inch street rims back on the v6 :shrug:

I said it would get pulled based on his trap speed, which was old i guess, I never said by how much. I expected a 1/2-1car win from the initial jump it would get.

Technically the v6 won by 1/2 car, but they sat there the whole pulls. Exciting runs.

:lol: I only put the drag radials on because I knew he was running a drag radial, a 315 at that, so that excuse just went out the window, lol. Face it, without the extra 150+ lbs of passenger, the 2v woulda seen tail lights instead of doorhandles. :beer:

It's gonna be a disheartening day when I get beat by a V6 Mustang, despite the year/mods, but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I wish I was in a position to buy a new V6, they're quite impressive.

I traded in my 07 Ram for the car. Gas was eating me up after the 'lift' and tires. Test drove an 04 gt vert, but the bank wouldnt finance after losing my ass on the trade in. But they would finance the brand new car. 13.78 @ 101 and 32mpg for $22.5..... bout as good bang for buck you're gonna find, as far as new cars go.

MrGlock81

Established Member
the v6 stangs have come a long way nice runs. Hp difference gives you the slight edge

civic should of brought his slicks out..spinning like hell

Last edited:

fast02gt

Established Member
Dude in the 2V def drove the shit out of it and if he wouldn't have it would have been worse for him lol. Hatch was nasty too!

Users who are viewing this thread