'12 3.7l V6-Day of Racing on Slicks *VID*

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Made it out to the 'local' 8th today for an event, and it turned out to be a pretty good day! I rode up with the Racestar frontrunners on, and the slicks in the trunk ready to go!

Turns out dialing in the air pressure, launch rpm, clutch technique, etc, is quite the PITA with these slicks! Took a little trial and error, but I got'er dialed in and going pretty good.

I came in shooting for a 8.3999 and a 60ft of 1.79, feasible goals I thought (previous best was 8.48 on a 1.81 60ft). My first was my grudge match against a 2v. He treed me, enough to get the win light with a 8.59 against my 8.42. Took the one white slip and didnt run anymore! Lol.

From there, things went downhill. Buncha 8.5s, 8.6s, missed shifts, 1.90 60fts, all bad, very frustrating. Finally put the tires at 17.5psi, 1st or 2nd gear burnouts, and 5.5-6k launches got the car coming around finally. Had some REAL tight runs with a bolton/LT/tune srt8 Jeep, bolton/geared ls1 camaro, and barely pulled on a brand new 'bumble bee' ss camaro (6spd), after missing 2nd. :shrug:

Of course, I only put my better runs in the vid, who wants to see missed shifts and stuff? :D Also had the GoPro, but didnt get as many different angles as I wanted to. Still neat to see though. At the end, you can tell I just hit my goal, after a whole day of frustration and persistance, GREAT feeling!
:banana: :rockon:

2012 Mustang 3.7l v6-1/8th mile racing on slicks - YouTube

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Thanks fellas! Yea I saw that, they still got a tenth or 2 left in it as is I believe! Very impressive for the 6banger!

I cant wait for boost, but a) Im really wanting to be the first to hit 12's n/a, b) I dont have f/i monies at the moment, lol. Im making due with what I got! BTW, fwiw, these last runs were in 2000'da :)

Z28

Established Member
Nice runs! Seems like your shifts could be a just a little faster, it could take a tenth or two off your ET.

If your goal is 12's then you need to probably be in the 8.1-8.2 range with your mph. DA makes a big difference with N/A cars so head back when it's a little cooler outside :beer:

Last edited:

Matt99

Built not Bought
Established Member
Swaybar connected? I'm sure you already know itl help with weight transfer if disconnected. Car runs strong for what it is

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Swaybar connected? I'm sure you already know itl help with weight transfer if disconnected. Car runs strong for what it is

This is my son's car. The sway bar is still connected and on the car. The car has 100% stock front and rear suspension. He is planning on adding LCA's as soon as funds allow.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
What size tires are you/him running, I may have missed that post

He borrowed the Race Star wheels and tires from me. They are 17x4.5 on the front with M&H radials and the rears are 17x9.5 (5.5 BS) with 26x11.5x15 M/T ET Street bias ply tires.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Yea as soon as I can Im throwing some suspension mods under there. It'll be a while yet, but Im starting with the lca's like dad said, then moving from there!

Users who are viewing this thread