12.3/118 '03 Cobra over on the Viper board!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
Well, he did have drag slicks, and removed about 50 lbs of weight. I'd say its possible given that.

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by IRON MACHINE
Well, he did have drag slicks, and removed about 50 lbs of weight. I'd say its possible given that.
They were super sticky drag radials, not slicks. Even so, sticky tires reduce your trap speed. A 118mph trap on drag radials is a 119-120mph trap on street tires. Get real.

If a pro driver can only trap 113 in 20 degree cooler weather, how can someone else trap 5mph higher in hotter weather with sticker tires which slow you down mph wise.

50lbs equals .05 ET and .5 mph. Not enough.

Cobra'03

Established Member
I say BS too - wasn't it a vert? 3800+ pounds, and driver brings it near 4000, so to get that terminal speed you need what - nearly 500 HP? Can't believe people are unable to identify bovine excrement when they see it - put them crack pipes down!

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
Someone has some sand in his vagina over the 03 cobras.
Yeah right :rolleyes:...I may just buy an 04/05 to complement my Z28. If not that, then an L. Just don't want the 1st yr version with all the bugs.

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
I'm in no mood to agree with a hoe troll like verbs but the new cobra won't do that stock. Not gonna happen. Looks like somebody ran one of his vipers and posted the slip as a cobra run. You won't see any owners running that time stock. With that said,damn I wish I would have waited a couple months.:cryying:

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
I had originally heard that this run was in the convertible, but after reading TacDoc's post, he only has 28 miles on the ragtop. He ran 1000 miles on the HARDTOP before taking it to the track.

Either way, DAMN. If the mph is true, that's one freaky fast ride.

2MCHPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by verbs
They were super sticky drag radials, not slicks.

hi dude. FYI....that dude TacDoc said he ran the cobra hardtop on kumho v700 victoracers. those are autocross/road racing tires with almost no sidewall flex. they are not super sticky drag radials. i use them every weekend and they suck on anything except a road course or autocross. on the way to the races, these things light up way easier than normal street tires.

later!

verbs

Banned
He did run road race tires, but I've seen people (including myself) use them as drag radials and they do hook better than street tires.

After a bunch of people on Viperforums and everywhere else called BS the guy took his car to a road with a marked 1320ft, added a radar gun at the end of the 1320ft, and ran 1/4 mile passes there, with the radar gun registering 115mph.

Why is this significant??? Because trap speeds at the track are measured by an algorithm that basically averages your mph over the last X amount of feet at the track.

Assuming that distance is say 200 ft, the track would average your mph over the last 200 ft, and not just list your actual speed at the end of the track. If this guy was hitting 115mph at the end of this marked road, that means over the last X ft, his car probably averaged 111-112mph, which means his trap speed should have been around 111-112mph, not 118mph.

Tracks have been known to have inaccurate trap speeds. I recently threw a track event, where every car in the left lane was trapping 140mph.....these were all 12-13 second cars doing this however. Granted, what happened at the event I threw was a lot more blatant than what occured to the guy on the Viper forum, but it does happen.

Basically, the tracks mph and maybe ET were most likely off. There are a few tracks that are notorious for incorrect times.

Terminator03

banned
verbs (NICKNAME ISSUES) i am so sick of you i see your punk chevy ass on every ford bulletin board calling 03 stories bs. dude i already reemed ya one on corral. Go back to Ls1.com dude. your a flamer.

PS - all of you on these board we know of verbs on corral as ISSUES... this nickname was dubbed to him because he has more issues than sports illustrated.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by TTAFB_SVT
I'm in no mood to agree with a hoe troll like verbs but the new cobra won't do that stock. Not gonna happen. Looks like somebody ran one of his vipers and posted the slip as a cobra run. You won't see any owners running that time stock. With that said,damn I wish I would have waited a couple months.:cryying:
I think Ill have to agree with you, as much as I hate to agree with Larry, hes right :p

verbs

Banned
Originally posted by Terminator03
verbs (NICKNAME ISSUES) i am so sick of you i see your punk chevy ass on every ford bulletin board calling 03 stories bs. dude i already reemed ya one on corral. Go back to Ls1.com dude. your a flamer.
cryinbaby.gif

PS - all of you on these board we know of verbs on corral as ISSUES... this nickname was dubbed to him because he has more issues than sports illustrated.
Funny how you are the only one on corral who's ever attempted to call me that :rolleyes:....ever. Nice try. :rolleyes:

Lame attempt to be funny.
:bored: :loser:

Last edited:

Terminator03

banned
Get over it man ford won. No need to be the moral police of every forum to flame any 03 cobra thread you think is "unbelieveable". But hey i dont wanna get you started about the radar gun after a quarter mile story ya write on every single board on the internet. Damn bro you got more remixes then puff daddy when it comes to your opinions on the 03 cobra (Reffering to how much time you actually spend commenting the SAME exact things on at least four different boards i can count.). Just shut up for a few days and gain back some self pride and control man. This really isnt the pissing contest your making it out to be. Even though you may not be exactly degrading the car, you have an attitude about it thats apparent in any thread that may be slightly arguable about the 03's performance. Just chill a little bit bro, people might begin to think your jealous. Dude post all the smart comments you want back to me man. I will school you every time. Oh yeah i dont even think i can compare you to Pdiddy(puff daddy), or at least if i did i would have to dub you Pshitty. hehe. Brint it on man, gimme what ya got. I can respect your animosity, your alright. But dont get smart and stop assumming, cause you only make an "ass" out of yourself. Let us sulk in the greatness the 03 has created. We deserve it. TTYL verbs. ;-)

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
WARNING

I will not allow this thread to become a flame war or pissing contest. If you want it to remain open, keep it civil...

verbs

Banned
Get over it man ford won.
Get over what??? Ford has been winning for over a decade now....in the past they gave 2 shits about performance, and cared more about sales. They've been selling soooo many more stangs than GM has sold Fbodies. No matter which car is faster, Ford wins the game period....because they sell more cars, and that game is called making $$$$$.

No need to be the moral police of every forum to flame any 03 cobra thread you think is "unbelieveable".
Morality has nothing to do with it. If someone posts BS, I'll throw my 2 cents in. As far as the 12.3@118mph goes, everyone now realizes it was BS.....especially since most Cobras are running hi 12's-low 13's trapping no more than 111mph or so. Funny how no one is saying anything to me now about me calling BS on it :rolleyes: I hate ignorance on any forum, in any form, and posts like this are what cause it. It happens too often when overzealous people who don't do enough research about information they read, start posting this information they assume is true because they read it somewhere. For every person that posts something like this, there are 20 or so who believe it. I act the same way whether it be the Cobra, Fbody, Viper, or what have you. If I see BS or misleading info, I refute it.

Damn bro you got more remixes then puff daddy when it comes to your opinions on the 03 cobra (Reffering to how much time you actually spend commenting the SAME exact things on at least four different boards i can count.).
Hate to break it to you, but a remix is a different version of music or information. I post the same information but in different places. Your analogy would mean the same exact song played in a different location would be a remix. Sorry, it's not :rolleyes:

These cute little analogies of yours are really lame. :bored: Please don't ever try to be a rapper.

This really isnt the pissing contest your making it out to be. Just shut up for a few days and gain back some self pride and control man.
You are the one who making this a pissing contest, not me. You are the one who came with personal insults and lame attempts at nicknames on this thread and others. For the most part, I keep a calm head, and you are the one without control. Talk about a hypocrite.

Even though you may not be exactly degrading the car, you have an attitude about it thats apparent in any thread that may be slightly arguable about the 03's performance.
My attitude is towards mis-information plain and simple, and not the car. The only 03 performance arguments I been involved in were ones involving false or misleading information. I'd act the same way if someone here said all new f-bodies run 12's bone stock.

Dude post all the smart comments you want back to me man. I will school you every time.
If anything you need to be schooled.....your mis-using of analogies is really bad, and your spelling is worse.....a few examples I so kindly corrected for you: :read:

1. unbelieveable- try unbelievable
2. Reffering- try Referring
3. isnt the pissing contest your making it out - try isn't and you're
4. attitude about it thats apparent- try that's
5. Brint it on man- try bring
6. dont- try don't

Let us sulk in the greatness the 03 has created. We deserve it. TTYL verbs. ;-)
You can sulk in the greatness of the 03, I have no problem with that. It's the sulking in bullshit information that bugs me. Yes, you do deserve what Ford has created.....

Oh, yeah, TTYL :p :thumbsup: all in good fun.

Last edited:

Mondo1

Established Member
Verbs- Though you may have an opinion on whether the Cobra is capable of low 12's , you should know that Ford has been interested in performance again since the early 80's ,when they decided to put the Mustang back on top.I know cause I loved Chevy's back then and in 1984 I started to see Ford making quicker cars.Every year after that they just got better and better.it wasn't until 1994 thjat the competition started to pull ahead ..and keep in mind , today we are talkin 4.6 liters. Horsepower per cubic inch--the DOHC can't be beat.And thats without the S/C. When Ford went with the S/C it added the power needed to be back on top as well as maintain great fuel milage. Redesign the IRS and halfshafts for dependability and throw in a 6 speed to boot, and you have a near perfect performance car at $35,000!Thats something no other manufacturer has done.And that was not for inreased sales.With the camaro and firebird out of the picture, this is something that they did not need to do .Mustangs historically outsold most performance cars.This new Cobra is a result of a few creative and talanted individuals know as SVT who genuinely have a passion for Automobiles.Just ask John Colletti and his boss Bill Ford.I know that I speak for everyone on this board when I say I'm glad that these people are around.Its a good time to be a blue oval fan!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread