12:1 comp/boost/e85 Safe?

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I have a built 12:1 engine going in my Cobra soon. It will run e85 even in N/A trim. I am hearing mixed reviews on whether it will take some boost. My rotating assembly is good to 1500rwhp and my fuel system will run 1000rwhp on e85. :reckon:

Will I be able to run a small amount of boost on it?

65fastback2+2

Established Member
you'll be able to put 18-20psi to it fairly easily.

if you do hunting around on yellow bullet, there is a non-intercooled e85 racing class. Guys are making 1500 rwhp on 30psi, non-intercooled, with 200-250 IAT charge temps.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
that high of compression with the timing that e85 or e98 can handle with a big ole single should make a hell of a fun car.

coposrv

Established Member
I am already planning the next motor. B headed 4.6. High compression and boost. I feel the bump in compression and keeping the boost moderate will be better in a street oriented setup.

Wfc2009

Established Member
I had my car on the dyno yesterday I have a built 2v running a lil more than 11.5:1 and a p1sc making around 10psi on pump gas so u should be fine.i blew a head gasket before I got to put the smaller pulley and methonal on it.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I am already planning the next motor. B headed 4.6. High compression and boost. I feel the bump in compression and keeping the boost moderate will be better in a street oriented setup.

Any reason why you would go with B heads over C? Don't C flow more? Interested in a high CR build as soon as I have an excuse to do it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I had my car on the dyno yesterday I have a built 2v running a lil more than 11.5:1 and a p1sc making around 10psi on pump gas so u should be fine.i blew a head gasket before I got to put the smaller pulley and methonal on it.

great post...."youll be fine but I blew a head gasket" LOL. what was the cause?

OP...Tommy P, one of the fastest GT500s runs 11:1 and over 25psi. Mihovitz runs over 50psi and over 11:1! Its all in the tune. I would make it conservative and keep the intake temps down....heat is the killer

dwtjr3

Established Member
Any reason why you would go with B heads over C? Don't C flow more? Interested in a high CR build as soon as I have an excuse to do it.

Ported B heads outflow Ported C heads so maybe he is porting them

coposrv

Established Member

No reason other than I have a clean set and I already mocked up a sheet metal intake.

Wfc2009

Established Member
I blew a head gasket due to not having head studs there was no detonation as i was only at 10* of timing, it was jus the factory head bolts couldn't hold the pressure, I now have head studs and will be going back to finish my tuning

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I blew a head gasket due to not having head studs there was no detonation as i was only at 10* of timing, it was jus the factory head bolts couldn't hold the pressure, I now have head studs and will be going back to finish my tuning

I have arp studs and cometic head gaskets.

Does everyone concur that 12:1 e85 and boost will work?

I picked up a ysi, currently its got a 2.75rr pulley on it. I have a 10% iw damper on the car. Should I pulley it smaller. It's a big bore 5.4 with the works.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread