12.1 @ 118 in 2v 4.6 GT

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I made a couple passes in a friends (nx01gt) 01 GT at BMP's Runday Sunday today.

The car has minimal mods for power.
N/X wet kit jetted for a 100 shot. .
JLT CAI
O/R X pipe
SLP LM1 cat back
TR6 plugs
Stock tune (used sct tuner to raise rev limit, turn off MIL, and cal speedo only))
4.10 gears
Lakewood struts and shocks
4 cyl ft springs
Zoom Clutch
Weld Draglites and slicks (I bolted mine on the car)
A couple medium sized stickers worth atleast 5HP each and a big one that has to be worth 10, lol

I did not reach the goal of running a high eleven, but I got pretty damn close. I wish I had a little more seat time in it and was able to make some more passses to get the feel for the right tire pressure. BUT, the place was packed with well over 200 cars and bikes and we sat in the staging lanes for HOURS, between runs I usually run 13lbs in the slicks on my 96 and I have gotten a 1.43 60 FT.

I probably should have tried 14lbs on this car. It bit hard on the initial launch then had a slight loss of momentum (I cant call it a bog) and recoverd quickly. The passes felt very good. I shifted my ususal quick shifts but did not powershift it (was a little concerened with the clutch). I knew it was a strong run due to having to kill the spray a little before the traps (It has a window switch, but I don't trust it).

I wanted to make an N/A pass and see if it had a 12 in it (which I am almost positive that it did).

There are a few locals that the owner had been told that he would be lucky if the car hit a high 12 on the spray and that there is no way that his car would be able to pull the front tires:
demellopulltire.jpg

demello46100shot.jpg

The Car obviously has the potential to run an 11. The next time I run it, I am going to try my best to get the 60FT down to a a 1.6 , which should put it in the 11.7-11.8 range. If not a 1.7 should allow me to atleast hit an 11.99999.

BTW, like any car that I run at the track, I pulled out the passenger and rear seat, along with the jack and spare for a little weight savings;)

2k3gt

Established Member
Awesome ET man!..gives us "lesser" 2v guys somethin to shoot for, haha.

tj04cobra

Established Member
those are some good times bro, and like you said with a better 60ft that thing should see 11's. that car definitely gives the 2v guys something to look up to and shows up the guys at the track that didn't believe a 2v could run that strong.

white99stang

Established Member
oh its nice that you posted that you ran his car, cause little demello is telling everyone that he ran the 12 second time. His car did but he didn't. And none of us over at our other forum never said his car will never run a 12 second pass, we said he as in the dumb kid that owns the car will never run a 12 lol. And sure enough he hasn't, you did it driving his car. I told him i could run 12's n/a in his car easy.

white99stang

Established Member
and please remind little demello that everything we said about what his car can and can't do was with him driving it. I know the tires can come up with skinny's, i did it with only 287rwhp and just some drag springs.

S197GT

Established Member
I'm on the other forum with white99. He was never told the car wouldn't run 12s, he was told that he wouldn't run 12s in it. He has been telling everybody that he ran that time.

Oh and DeMello was his username on another forum.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
damn phil every car you touch runs good numbers!

as impressive is that is though your wifes Nearly stock LT1 impressed me more!

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
I'm on the other forum with white99. He was never told the car wouldn't run 12s, he was told that he wouldn't run 12s in it. He has been telling everybody that he ran that time.

Oh and DeMello was his username on another forum.
What forum are you guys on? I posted this on a few forums. One of them is a piece of shit ricer forum that I really dont know whey I even bother posting on it at all:fm: I know that most of the ones that doubted the car are on there and I posted about it and got bashed for it, ****ing:RICERS :cuss:

oh its nice that you posted that you ran his car, cause little demello is telling everyone that he ran the 12 second time. His car did but he didn't. And none of us over at our other forum never said his car will never run a 12 second pass, we said he as in the dumb kid that owns the car will never run a 12 lol. And sure enough he hasn't, you did it driving his car. I told him i could run 12's n/a in his car easy.

The ones that I was referring to was some of the local ricers that said the car could not do it. There is probably A LOT more to the story than I have been informed. He never mentioned anything about any fellow Mustang owners doubting that the car could do it.

damn phil every car you touch runs good numbers!

as impressive is that is though your wifes Nearly stock LT1 impressed me more!

Thanks man, I try:rockon:

I almost want to build a light weight, N/A 2v based on an explorer alluminum motor with some ported heads and a set of cams. If not that, I may end up trying to go for the bolt on record in an LT1. Sometimes the weight of the Terminator and the KB 96 really get to me. Besides, it would be an addition, not a replacement:D

Last edited:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Phil your a machine! Might have a GT of my own soon.. would make for an interesting race with this stang

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Here is a shitty vid of the 12.1 pass:[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1wwlLQf3YzQ"]YouTube - 4.6 2V GT on 100 shot[/ame]
I hate runday sundays because they dont show the times!

BTW, the car in the other lane is 89supermod, it has a blown 4.6 2v and some spray running 9s

Phil your a machine! Might have a GT of my own soon.. would make for an interesting race with this stang

Don't do it John. That SS is just too Sexy!

The Gt is nice and all, but its just not as bad ass as the SS. Throw a 100 shot on it and it'll wax that GT (It would probably be a pretty close race with you N/A)

Users who are viewing this thread