12.1 1/4 and 128 trap?

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
This figure was posted in another forum and this sounds very wierd. Is this possible?

I don't want to call :bs: on someone without asking around first.

-281 2V-

Established Member
That is possible, I would say on street tires and a shitty launch. Judge from the intelligence level of the poster whether he is bs'ing or not. :)

Mike

StangJason

Established Member
Could be a super heavy car maybe? My 95 GT with a built 306 and D-1 supercharger ran a 12.0 1/4 mile @ 124 mph and my 8th mile time for that run was a 8.0 @ 90mph but I was on Nitto drag radials and launched from idle.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
StangJason said:
Could be a super heavy car maybe? My 95 GT with a built 306 and D-1 supercharger ran a 12.0 1/4 mile @ 124 mph and my 8th mile time for that run was a 8.0 @ 90mph but I was on Nitto drag radials and launched from idle.
I have a superheavy car that ran a 12.2 @ 114. That's the reason I asked in the first place.

He got pissed at me asking questions anyway. So I called him a shithead. ;-)

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
It all depends on the driver, tires, motor, gearing, weight, boost setup, etc. So many variables that no one can know for sure without seeing a timeslip.

Someone I know with a 408 whp FWD car, roughly 3,000lbs, stock differentials and drag radials:

2.2 60'
[email protected]

on a second run:

2.1 60'
[email protected]

I say it's possible but he could also very well be a shithead so you might both be right. ;-)

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
lots of power little of traction.
lots of power lots of weight.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It's entirely possible. I've personally done worse on stock tires :lol1: The worst I've ever seen, in person no less, was a friend of mine who refused to put sticky tires on his single turbo Z06 for fear of breaking shit. He was running michelin pilot 315s I believe, and I videotaped him go 12.0@139 at Norwalk. Put on ET streets, and went 11.1 practically still spinning at the line. He has a TT Viper now as well...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Its like that old assed joke.

What do a 500 HP and a 1000 HP Supra have in common?

11 sec time slips.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Was it a Porsche?

Even w/ AWD some can't be launced hard...Actually they can, but may leave parts on the ground.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
No, it's a Talon with a "bad stock clutch". I know because I was looking at the other thread where he claimed it.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Off - topic.

I was about to run you a new one about how much an idiot you are and that no one cares when I saw your avatar....... I thought you were the ****, wait, let's say "fella" w/ the altima w/ stickers and 20's...... then I seen your name.

topic - NOT possible with an awd car. Not saying the guys flat-out lying, maybe the track is messed up, but 12.1 @ 128 in an awd car is not possible.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
wally9404 said:
is it that important? who gives a flying fock?

Thank you for your thoughts. Don't be "that" azzhole.

If you didn't like it you didn't have to read it or say anything.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
No, it's a Talon with a "bad stock clutch". I know because I was looking at the other thread where he claimed it.

Cool.

10 second power and stock clutch? What a tard for trying...If it is not BS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread