113 in a 65

cuban

Established Member
wisconsin does it to non residents all the time. my ex from min got pulled over for 55 in a 40 153 bucks on the spot even had a credit card reader.

Wildpony

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
FYI Memorial Day weekend is a bad time to break traffic laws. Did you not notice the dozens and dozens of police everywhere you looked in full force watching and waiting for you to slip up?

Plus they are probably in a shitty mood cause they have to work every stinking holiday weekend looking for the extra drunks, speeders, & whatever else.
I saw on the news where the OHP had over 75% of the boys out.
Course it seems that way every weekend in the summer.

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
Marcello96 said:
well i was riding on a ticket that i had already sent in the money for, just waiting for my liscence back, so instead of a liscence he took my $105 as cash bail

So, did you have a traffic warrant, and were driving without a license? He may have just processed you on the spot. The receipt you got, was that a bail receipt? We can't do this in NJ (Yet), but I have heard it is done elsewhere.

FYI: My patrol car has two antenna for the radar, front and back. I can get you traveling the same or opposite direction as me, and either front or back.. For me, pretty sweet, for you, not so much...

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Somebody help me out here, because I don't understand this post: Are you saying instead of receiving a written citation, this guy pays the officer CASH and is let go Without a Written Citation and NO points?? Sounds good to me if that's the case! Keeps insurance cheap!

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I know in Illinois you either post your license or cash equal to the fine as bond. If you post cash with the officer and plead guilty then you've already paid your ticket. It sounds like in this case a cash bond was required on the spot to avoid going to jail. (though I realize that in California, the fine's going to be a lot more than $105, especially for triple digits.)

--T.J.

P.S.--Yay, I made a signature! :beer:

Z28ENVY

Established Member
cuban said:
wisconsin does it to non residents all the time. my ex from min got pulled over for 55 in a 40 153 bucks on the spot even had a credit card reader.

This is true. When I use to live in MN and would visit my brother in WI, I would always make sure that I wasn't speeding. If I remember correctly they don't accept cash. So if you don't have a credit card you are going to jail. Now I live in WI so I don't worry about it. I can send in the money.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
jimljr145 said:
So, did you have a traffic warrant, and were driving without a license? He may have just processed you on the spot. The receipt you got, was that a bail receipt? We can't do this in NJ (Yet), but I have heard it is done elsewhere.

FYI: My patrol car has two antenna for the radar, front and back. I can get you traveling the same or opposite direction as me, and either front or back.. For me, pretty sweet, for you, not so much...

thats exactly what happened, it was a bail recipt. So what does it mean that he processed me on the spot?

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
if anybody was wondering i went to court yesterday and it turns out i have to pay 395 on top on the 105 i already paid (500 total) and i dont kno if i can get it taken off my record, one of my buddies said somethin about exponging it? can some one gimme some help

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Expungement is a legal device to remove a criminal conviction from your "record." It requires an attorney and is quite expensive and there must be adequate grounds for it.

WHITE94COBRA1

Established Member
Just an fyi, california will not ask for cash on spot, they'll ask for a tow truck on spot... Also you very very very rarely see a trooper on our freeways or highways, we have the CHP, (california highway patrol). If you try to bribe any of them, your screwed.

Common

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Expungement is a legal device to remove a criminal conviction from your "record." It requires an attorney and is quite expensive and there must be adequate grounds for it.

But I have heard that no matter what, they can (justice system) can always dig anything up, It's just the matter of how bad do they need the background info on you.

Adam!!! Elaborate pls...am I right or wrong?:D

epracmetcon

Established Member
Marcello96 said:
if anybody was wondering i went to court yesterday and it turns out i have to pay 395 on top on the 105 i already paid (500 total) and i dont kno if i can get it taken off my record, one of my buddies said somethin about exponging it? can some one gimme some help

How was your record before this. I am going to court in july for a 46 over the limit ticket although I have the best traffic lawyer in town on the case.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
stroker22 said:
But I have heard that no matter what, they can (justice system) can always dig anything up, It's just the matter of how bad do they need the background info on you.

Adam!!! Elaborate pls...am I right or wrong?:D

Expungement means the legal record with the originating agency is gone. But the record will always exist in NCIC and some other databases, that dont allow removal of records-only an additional record to explain the previous record.

With the in-depth B.I. they will reveal those records. On the Fed. level we go back to age 16.

Common

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Expungement means the legal record with the originating agency is gone. But the record will always exist in NCIC and some other databases, that dont allow removal of records-only an additional record to explain the previous record.

With the in-depth B.I. they will reveal those records. On the Fed. level we go back to age 16.

Thats what I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread