113 in a 65

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
this weekend i went to the Mecum Car auction, on the way there at about 9:00 am, there was no traffic and i was tryin to get there quick, so i was goin kinda fast, and after this hill, i come over the top and see a trooper sittin in the other direction, so i slowded down. and he pulls out, i slow down a lot, and pulled over. He gives me a ticket and then i had to pay $105 cash on the spot. i paid it and left, but what i dont understand is that he was facing the other direction and when i passed him i was goin about 20 so i dont know what happened here.

Last edited:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Marcello96 said:
this weekend i went to the Mecum Car auction, on the way there at about 9:00 am, there was no traffic and i was tryin to get there quick, so i was goin kinda fast, and after this hill, i come over the top and see a trooper sittin in the other direction, so i slowded down. and he pulls out, i slow down a lot, and pulled over. He gives me a ticket and then i had to pay $105 cash on the spot. i paid it and left, but what i dont understand is that he was facing the other direction and when i passed him i was goin about 20 so i dont know what happened here.

So he was facing the same way you were driving?

Around here the cops have front and rear facing radar. So if you're wondering how he clocked you, that would be my guess.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
105 CASH??? on the spot???? since when do cops collect cash fines on the spot? this smells ....

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Cash money on the spot is very uncommon.
I only wish I could pay up on the spot in cash and be done with it!!!
If i offered a cop cash, I would be in jail though!

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
ya he was facing the same way i was driving and he took 105 on the spot and he said he gave me a recipt, but all it says is 105 payment, it doesnt have a date next to it, plus i asked him if i could get an i bond, and he wouldnt give me one, im kinda curious cuse he was the nicest state trooper i have ever met, and i wasnt bein too nice to hm either.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
well i was riding on a ticket that i had already sent in the money for, just waiting for my liscence back, so instead of a liscence he took my $105 as cash bail

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
In Europe it is common. In the US it might save you from spending the night in jail?

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
lol Now that's some efficient police work there. 20 off the top, 85 to the county? :D

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
I've heard of that happening to a friend of mine a couple years ago. He tried to go around a truck to make a right turn and the truck took out part of his fender. He had to pay the officer on the spot for his infraction. He was coming from Canada btw. Not sure if that played a part or not.

Juruense

Banned
FYI Memorial Day weekend is a bad time to break traffic laws. Did you not notice the dozens and dozens of police everywhere you looked in full force watching and waiting for you to slip up?

I guess some people gotta learn the hard way.

Groovyash

Established Member
LostRacer said:
I've heard of that happening to a friend of mine a couple years ago. He tried to go around a truck to make a right turn and the truck took out part of his fender. He had to pay the officer on the spot for his infraction. He was coming from Canada btw. Not sure if that played a part or not.

It absolutely did, the same thing applies to drivers from states who have not entered into the interstate pact. I believe there are ony three states which currently are not, however in this event the fine may either be paid on scene, or the driver taken forthwith to court for the infraction.

Marcello96

Shadetree Engineer
Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
Oh man, your in California?

Bend over and grab your ankles!

Cash on the spot? How strange.

na i wasnt in california, i was in rockford, illinois and im from chicago, so the country ass trooper with a cowboy hat, prolly didnt like me, the little dego from chicago right off the bat, but do you guys think i really should call on this?

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Marcello96 said:
na i wasnt in california, i was in rockford, illinois and im from chicago, so the country ass trooper with a cowboy hat, prolly didnt like me, the little dego from chicago right off the bat, but do you guys think i really should call on this?

I think you should call the Chicago Dego Benevolent Society and file a complaint. Usually the fee is only $25 bucks, so that mounty obviously has a woodie for Degos. :rockon: :rockon:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
RDJ said:
105 CASH??? on the spot???? since when do cops collect cash fines on the spot? this smells ....

Actually, we Texas officers can do the same for about six states that are not part on the Non-Resident Violator Compact Agreement. We do not have to let them go with a citation in hand (promise to appear). We could elect to have them pay the fine on the spot. Now we Troopers will not take cash but a money order. I carry envelopes and stamps and (THEY) put it in a mailbox. We do not take possession of it. If they do not want to pay the fine on the spot, well guess where their next stop is?
I am sure that Trooper would NOT put his career on the line for a misely dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread