113 in a 60

2K3-COBRA

Established Member
I got pulled over the other day for speeding. I was on the brakes and got clocked goin 113 in a 60. I was messin around with a GSXR600 and he took off. I had been drinkin a little bit but he never asked. He said he would of taken me to jail but since I stopped and didnt argue he was just gonna give me a ticket. OH SHIT! I was thinkin a min of $500. I went to pay it and it was only $293. WTF? Is that crazy or what?

tj04cobra

Established Member
I got pulled over the other day for speeding. I was on the brakes and got clocked goin 113 in a 60. I was messin around with a GSXR600 and he took off. I had been drinkin a little bit but he never asked. He said he would of taken me to jail but since I stopped and didnt argue he was just gonna give me a ticket. OH SHIT! I was thinkin a min of $500. I went to pay it and it was only $293. WTF? Is that crazy or what?

Putting other peoples lives in danger and drinking then driving is crazy too..... :poke:

Boosted0range

Established Member
well lol let me fill you in...you got way lucky...i got a ticket for 111 in a 65, did like you did...pulled right over was nice and didnt argue at all... got 535 dollar ticket...and 5 points..i appeared at distric court...the judge lowered the fine and kept the points, so i appealed it, hired a lawyer, which was 600 bucks, plus the court cost of that day...showed up at civil court, had the speed reduced to 74 in a 65, dropped to two points, and had to pay the rest of the fine plus court costs....so you sir...got way lucky, and im jealous lol

tj04cobra

Established Member
just messin with ya brah, i always see the response i gave you in these threads. I can honestly say I refuse to drink and drive but I cant say I dont drive like a idiot on the streets every once in awhile.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I wasnt drunk in the least bit. I had two drinks and ate a huge meal. The only reason I wrote that was because I was suprised he didnt smell it.

well I am not "messin with ya" and driving at those speeds in traffic is dumb doing it after drinking is beyond stupid even if it was only two drinks

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
so just because the fine was low have you even checked to see how many points are going on your record, or if you are going to end up witha suspended license.. I would expect that the ticket would require you to show in court for that high of a speed

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
If that was in MD you're insurance would be bending you over with the points that would be assessed to your license. I don't know how TX is set up though.

anth6ny

Sloobra
Established Member
i had an 89 in a 55 in Suffolk, NY and got 11 pts (suspended license) and $250 fine.. Hired a lawer for $550 and got it knocked down to 8 pts.. Consider yourself VERY lucky

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I wasnt drunk in the least bit. I had two drinks and ate a huge meal. The only reason I wrote that was because I was suprised he didnt smell it.

Drunk is a subjective term. Everyone knows the legal defintion is .08 but that does not mean you are "Fine" below that. Also, someone's tolerence affects how they operate a vehicle. A novice drinker at .03 could drive a lot worse than a "professional" drinker at .07.

Remember, it is up to the officer what constitues a DUI. Just because you are below .08 does not mean you are safe to drive.

Going that fast stone sober(aka no alcohol) is difficult enough but after 2 drinks is NOT smart.

Please let this low fine be a lesson and a "free pass" for you.

95Venom

Matt
Established Member
I wish I could have gotten lucky. my first ticket was only 10 over but the officer told me he had nothing else to do...
my second ticket was reckless driving for "racing" not my definition of it, but that doesn't matter. I got a 260 dollar fine, had to go to court, had to take a driving class, and now I am on probation until october. I learned my lesson. tickets are not to "punish" but to CORRECT. learn from this... I realize how many things I have gotten away with and I am very lucky.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I wish I could have gotten lucky. my first ticket was only 10 over but the officer told me he had nothing else to do...
my second ticket was reckless driving for "racing" not my definition of it, but that doesn't matter. I got a 260 dollar fine, had to go to court, had to take a driving class, and now I am on probation until october. I learned my lesson. tickets are not to "punish" but to CORRECT. learn from this... I realize how many things I have gotten away with and I am very lucky.

+1. I cant even count how many times I had street raced before I got caught. But like you said it is to correct. My street racing days are over now.

Users who are viewing this thread