113,000 Rebuild

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
113,000 Mile Rebuild

My '04 is in the speed shop for an engine rebuild, etc. at 113,000 miles. I'm pretty stoked! I'm having Manley pistons (.005 overbore=9.5:1 comp.) installed, along with Manley stainless valves with bronze guides (titanium retainers and Manley springs). The stock Eaton is being ported (Stiegemeier Stage 8). I'm changing the supercharger pulley to 2.9 with an aux. idler pulley. It also includes a Venom Cooler on the snout of the blower. I'm also adding a dual pass heat exchanger, a torsen differential, BBK tb and new bushings. The existing MM coilover suspension is being serviced and I'm installing new Bilstein Sports. Also, already have subframe connectors, FIPK, JBA mufflers, Stoptech front brakes, steel-braided brake lines, B & M shifter kit, McLeod Street Twin clutch, and MM caster/camber plates. I'm running '95 Cobra R wheels with a set of Nitto 01 "R" compounds. I can't wait to hit the corners!!!

Last edited:

Mbiro594

Established Member
Sounds good! Did you ever have any problems before ten rebuild? Any major repairs needed?

Knowing these cars can hold up to a lot of miles is reassuring.

Users who are viewing this thread