110B8 download error - SCT X4 (GT500/VMP GenIII)

GeigerZ

Established Member
Tried loading an updated tune this weekend. History - ran out of fuel with my current setup on 52lb injectors (GT500 with VMP GenIII). No issues loading updated tunes from my tuner up to this point. Installed 95lb injectors and received a startup tune - loaded into the X4 with no issues. Car still wouldn't start. Received another tune and it loaded fine. No initial start. Received one more tune and now it will not load and receive the 110B8 error. At 99% complete - All lights on the dash come on and every relay and pump turn off/on/off/on constantly (have video).

Able to load the stock tune and any other tune on the X4 (8 tunes) besides the latest. New battery, on charger and nothing on inside the cabin drawing power. On X4 12.0v key off/11.9v key on

Reinstalled the 52lb injectors and loaded the latest tune for that setup. No issues and started right up and drives great.

I sent SCT a note with the issue - haven't heard back yet. I did spend the 45min updating the X4 (you know they will ask if this has been done), but didn't know this was a bad idea <still works with the other tunes>

At a loss why all tunes will load besides the latest one received. Tuner is 100% it's not the tune since all that was changed was the injector file on top of the existing tune that was successfully loaded in the previous download.

96gt02

Established Member
at what point did you update the tuner? was it just before this current issue? Because there is currently a bug in the new firmware that is causing all kinds of issues, but sct should be able to remote in and fix it for you

GeigerZ

Established Member
Worked with SCT last night and determined it was actually a corrupted tune. Might have been when it was transferred or compiled - definitely not the configuration in the tune. Just so happened while on the phone with SCT, I received an updated tune from my tuner via e-mail. It loaded fine. Now to get the 95lb injectors installed and all should be good!

FYI - I updated the tuner after failing to load the tune a couple times. SCT didn't say one way or the other if it was a good or bad idea to update it. The only mention regarding device updates was that if it was working with all the other tunes, that it should be good to go as-is.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread