$1100 worth of clutch setup from the car gods!

MY DREAM

Established Member
Well I ordered a Spec 2+ clutch kit along with a Fidanza flywheel, 26 spline liberty input shaft, TOB retainer sleeve, Shim kit, all from LFP for $1039.00 shiped. Not to bad. The only problem is that I ordered a Fidanza Flywheel and recieved a Spec 1.1 flywheel. Not sure of the differance. The flywheel also has some rust on it, some of which is caked on pretty good. I don't know about you guys but I don't like to shell out a bunch of money for some rusted parts.

Any way, the install will happen here in the next 2 weeks. Then it off to the 500 mile break in, I will let you know how it feels after it's in.

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

James

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
hmm.. i'm not so uppity on the rusty flywheel.. shouldn't be a big deal, but when dishin' out that kinda money, that shouldn't even be an issue!

MY DREAM

Established Member
S.V.T. said:
hmm.. i'm not so uppity on the rusty flywheel.. shouldn't be a big deal, but when dishin' out that kinda money, that shouldn't even be an issue!

Amen brother!

James

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
I just got the exact same stuff except mine is a 3+. I'm surprised at how different the two discs look.

MY DREAM

Established Member
lloyyd said:
I just got the exact same stuff except mine is a 3+. I'm surprised at how different the two discs look.

What does yours look like? Post up a pic. Mine is one type of material on one side and a deff on the other.

James

MY DREAM

Established Member
S.V.T. said:
lloyd, james - if you could when done with install and broken in what you guys think between the spec 2 and 3 +

Sure thing, I will deff post up my thoughts.

James

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
Sure thing, I will deff post up my thoughts.

James

Thanks. The Spec 2+ is the next clutch I planned on going with. Any info you can provide in the coming months will help me with the final decision :beer:

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
lloyyd said:

yea, the 3+ is like below. they smell funny too. or perhaps i just have a bad obsession about fondleing parts before i install them.

Spec.jpg

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
S.V.T. said:
lloyd, james - if you could when done with install and broken in what you guys think between the spec 2 and 3 +
Well, mine is not fully broken in but I've got about 300 miles on it. I will say that when I first put it in I hated it. I pulled it off the rack & it was like a light switch compared to the stocker. It bucked & chattered so bad, I had a hard time taking off from a dead stop. I actually peeled out backing out of the parking lot. It was like learning to drive the car all over again.
Since then it smooths out more every time I drive it. It doesn't like to be slipped too much, but getting the revs up a bit I can take off pretty smoothly now. It chatters MUCH less & all the bucking is pretty much gone. The engagement is more narrow than the stocker but this will be good for the track. If it continues to smooth out I'll be really pleased, but even if it doesn't I'm liking it pretty good now. The real test will be at the track though. That'll be in a couple more weeks. Aside from the first few miles I don't have any complaints yet. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

MY DREAM

Established Member
I just realized that I don't have any new flywheel bolts or the bolts that fasten the pressure plate to the flywheel. Am I supposed to use the stock bolts from my stock clutch setup?

James

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
.....The only problem is that I ordered a Fidanza Flywheel and recieved a Spec 1.1 flywheel. Not sure of the differance.

sticker isn't a SPEC #, it just signifies that flywheel meets SFI specification 1.1 ....that rust is no problem

I replace the bolts..

part #'s:

PP is N808969S100 and they come with red threadlock applied
FW is F6ZZ6379AA or M-6379-B (Ford Racing)

Tousley keeps them in stock :)

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you're welcome

for another $5, you can add driveshaft bolts to your order....N800594S100......also stocked

MY DREAM

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
What does the + mean in the Spec 2+,3+,5+ etc.?

"The all new Stage 2+ is another killer clutch designed for those guys out there making some good power but don't need a 800hp clutch. The Stage 2+ Kit is rated at 635rwtq. We recommend this clutch to our customers running in the 600rwhp/tq range. The Stage 2+ was deisnged to maintain stage 2 feel for good daily drivability and offers very good wear characteristics. It also provides a higher torque capacity than the regular stage 2 so you can throw a little more at it."

The normal stage 2 is rated for: stage 2 - 520 ft lbs tq capacity.

The stage 2 + is rated for: stage 2+ Kit is rated at 635rwtq, with the feel of a stage 2.

James

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
MY DREAM said:
"The all new Stage 2+ is another killer clutch designed for those guys out there making some good power but don't need a 800hp clutch. The Stage 2+ Kit is rated at 635rwtq. We recommend this clutch to our customers running in the 600rwhp/tq range. The Stage 2+ was deisnged to maintain stage 2 feel for good daily drivability and offers very good wear characteristics. It also provides a higher torque capacity than the regular stage 2 so you can throw a little more at it."

The normal stage 2 is rated for: stage 2 - 520 ft lbs tq capacity.

The stage 2 + is rated for: stage 2+ Kit is rated at 635rwtq, with the feel of a stage 2.

James

Yea I'll be getting stage 2 or 2+ then. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread