110 in 65

Coreboy

Established Member
I was crusin' on 131 north to Traverse City, MI from Chicago to visit my dad in my 03 pony. A Mazda 6 pulled up to the right of me (I was in far left lane) and started to take off. I decided I hadn't had some fun in the car for a while so I pulled up even with him and we both took off. Last I saw I was going about 110 and didn't get much faster. We blew threw an underpass and on the other side of the support beam for the bridge was a bright blue Charger with pretty red lights flashing on top. Both the Mazda and I tried to hide behind some semis that were up in front of us more. It took a surprisingly short amount of time for the state trooper to catch up and he got right up on my a$$. I pulled over and it ended up being about a $160 ticket. He told me he also should have taken my license away since I was out of state, but he let that go. :kaboom:

If any LEO out there responds, I was just kind of wondering about how that reflects on my record. Will IL LEO's see that ticket? I'm 18 and IL has a law about how many tickets you can get until your 21, does this ticket also count as a strike against that?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You will probably luck out with this one because Michigan (one of five states) is NOT part of the Interstate Drivers License Compact and therefore doesnt report violations in their state to other states.

But on any given day, who knows what can happen.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
$160.00 is pretty darn cheap. That fine amount would be good for about 10-15 over the posted speed limit. I have written a lot of Cali. drivers in my career and they are not part of the Interstate Violator Compact Agreement. Some have called back upset and said points have been assesed on their driver license.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Iceman II said:
$160.00 is pretty darn cheap. That fine amount would be good for about 10-15 over the posted speed limit. I have written a lot of Cali. drivers in my career and they are not part of the Interstate Violator Compact Agreement. Some have called back upset and said points have been assesed on their driver license.

While California is not a member of the NRVC, they have been a member of the DLC since 1963.

NRVC said:
The NRVC is a list of the Non Resident Violator Compact... A list of states that communicate with one another if you get a ticket out of your home state.

DLC said:
The DLC is a list of states that belong to the Driver License Compact. An agreement between these states basically says you have only ONE drivers license record.

Often times when a state is member of one of the two, if the other state is a member of both, they will still send the info.

Common

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
You will probably luck out with this one because Michigan (one of five states) is NOT part of the Interstate Drivers License Compact and therefore doesnt report violations in their state to other states.

But on any given day, who knows what can happen.

Which are the other four?:read:

jimljr145

Jimljr145
Established Member
Regardless of the outcome on your points being assessed to your state license, I would still pay the ticket. Do you really want to visit the state at a later time and be arrested on an outstanding warrant? Beyond that, warrants from other states will sometimes show up out of state, such as NCIC warrants. there may not be an extradition request from out of state, but that still is probable cause for a stop. You can be doing nothing, an officer runs your tag and finds a hit, will pull you over with nothing else necessary, so long as you look like a match to the registered owner of the vehicle. Do you want that headache? You already admitted to us that you did this, so are you just looking for a way out of your wrong doing?

Coreboy

Established Member
I payed the ticket. I realize it wasn't much for my speed. When he wrote the ticket up he raised the posted limit and lowered mine, So he cut me some slack. My dad lives up there and I intend on going to college there so I wanted to make sure that didn't come back to bite me.

No Tisten, The Mazda didn't pull over. He kept right on truckin.

Hi-Hat, Yes it was pretty cheap. I lived in Cali for a while and always remembered violations being much more pricey out there.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
While California is not a member of the NRVC, they have been a member of the DLC since 1963.

Often times when a state is member of one of the two, if the other state is a member of both, they will still send the info.
Correct,
California has been, crushing, or using the cars as a pursuit vehicle for a while.
Nothing like sinking 35k into a car when the courts makes you watch it being crushed.
Santa Clara County has a few. One being a white SS with a gold star on the doors.
Jeff

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
motoman991 said:
If it was me and I got a ticket in Michigan, I wouldn't even bother paying it.

That is just stupid. His Dad lives in that state, so chances are he will be back in that state. So if he dosen't pay it, he gets a warrant issued for his arrest and since it was a State Trooper, chances are pretty damn good that the warrant will not be geo restricted. So when he goes up to Visit his dad on Christmas and gets a flat tire, and Mr. County Mountie or State Trooper comes up to help him with his tire, he gets to go to jail or come up with $160+ Costs on the stop.

Further, when you are out of state you better play nice as they can arrest you becuase you have no ties to the community and have a higher chance of doing like motoman991 said.

Ohh on top of that, A lot of places with not offer you a posistion for employment when you come up with an active warrant regardless of what it is. Plus, you can't travel... ICE tells you to get bent.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
CPViolation said:
Correct,
California has been, crushing, or using the cars as a pursuit vehicle for a while.
Nothing like sinking 35k into a car when the courts makes you watch it being crushed.
Santa Clara County has a few. One being a white SS with a gold star on the doors.
Jeff

What I call cruel and unusual punishment.

jean

Established Member
State no NRVC:
Alaska,CA,Michigan,Montana,Or and WI.
State no DLC:
Georgia,MA,Michigan,Tennessee (drop in 97)and Wi.
The 2 "free state " are Mi & Wi.

Coreboy

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
So when he goes up to Visit his dad on Christmas and gets a flat tire, and Mr. County Mountie or State Trooper comes up to help him with his tire, he gets to go to jail or come up with $160+ Costs on the stop.

Ya... Getting arrested on Christmas would defiantly suck. hah

Users who are viewing this thread