110+ in 55 and they let me go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Common

Established Member
long post bellow

Well, i was driving yesterday on the the local 3 lane freway(preffer not to say the name) and my car was actin weird, maybe cuz i didnt drive it in months or somehting:shrug: .
All night long i had silly ricers trying to race me and i didnt bite, was driving 55-65 all night long.
So i get on the highway from my friends place and as im getting on the on ramp my 2nd gear felt weird but i juts shifted to third then fourth and thought nothing of it. As i was going to put it in 5th something made a grinding noise(no i didnt grind 5th).....i drop it back to 4th then 3rd(pissed a lil for some strange reason) and go WOT......go all the way to end of 3rd and as i shifted into fourth, 2 sec latter i saw a local police cruiser pull out after me. As soon as i saw him i slowed down and was looking for a spot to pull over:( .
It so happens that cruiser is catching up to me fast and we are on the part that has no shoulder(i dont want him to think im not stoping)....as he gets close by i put my hazards on to let him know im stoping as soon as there is a shoulder to stop on actually(he didnt even put his lights on).
As soon as i found one i stoped without him even hiting the lights or anything.....after we stopd he put the lights on. He and his partner came to my passenger window and just straight up said "wtf was all that about, didnt you see us?"......i was thinking they will never believe me no matter what but lets try to be honest and see what happens.
I said "Officer this is probably the dumbest and most common excuse you ever heard" then i continued by saying "my car was acting funny, something is wrong with the clutch shifter and i dont even know what else then i also said, "i know its dumb and its no excuse for speeding but thats the truth".....one of the LEOs was like "you were def going over 110 and you changed lanes without a signal"(i did but only one lane and at that point was doing around 70ish prb+ road was dead empty). I gave them my documents and they also asked if i have points on my lic. to which i replied by saying "NO i am criminal justice student and trying to keep a clean licence" and he said "sit tight we will be right back".........15 min latter....after i thought he wrote me up for everything possible he comes back with my stuff and a TICKET... and says "try to fix that ":shrug:huh?(fix what)....and i gave you a "lil" ;-) break. And i was like oh great he prob put 75 on 55mph or something but still break is a break so i said "officer THANK YOU SO MUCH" (still not even checking the ticket cuz he was talking to me). He was like "have a good night and slow down"... was like thank you thank you and pull out and get on my way home. As i take my exit i stop at the light and check the ticket now...................................duh!!!!

I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES...HE GAVE ME NO FRONT PLATE!!!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

I didnt even know how to act but i read it like 15 times to make sure im not losing my vision lol, and yup it was a no front plate ticket...i guess thats what he meant when he said "try to fix that":idea: I wanted to make a u turn and go back, find these 2 and buy them a huge steak dinner, thats how happy i was.

srry for the long post but just wanted to share that not all LEOs are "out to get young guys with fast cars" and also to say, be honest, DONT BE RUDE, try to be honest and pray for the good outcome

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
NO QUESTION FOR LEO - CLOSED!!!
:mj: :fm: :cuss: :dw: :poke: :mj: :fm: :rollseyes :burn: :nonono:

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread