11-up 5.4 GT500 Termi Swap

stangfreak

Established Member
Why? Why not use a better blower? You could use a GT500 stock blower or a Kenne Bell, tvs or Whipple.

I already have a 2.9 whipple. I just think with a 4.6 and a twinscrew, you can only make so much power on 93 and or something like vp100 or ms109. I don't really use e85. Although I may. Not sure.

stangfreak

Established Member
Don’t think you will need 2” Kmember spacer. Like I said one guy did it with 1” and a GT hood. Our hood is taller than a GT hood by I think 2”. So you may not need one.

Ya but the Cobra motor is very easy to max out. Max on a cobra motor 900-1000 on twin screws. Max on a GT500 is over 1500rwhp.

Hey godstang, quick question. I was doing a search on the 5.4 adapter plates right. I came across the the reichard racing ones. On modfords, crazy dave who was making these kits said, " the RR adapters leave you with a very sharp angle causing nonoptimal airflow and small Cobra intake ports transitioning to the Navi head." I emailed the guy who made mine. Didnt get back to me as of yet about that. Do you think any kind of adapter plates will cause this issue?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Ya but the Cobra motor is very easy to max out. Max on a cobra motor 900-1000 on twin screws. Max on a GT500 is over 1500rwhp.

That wasn’t my point. Stangfreak said he got an adapter to use a smaller 03/04 supercharger on the bigger 5.4L GT500 block. Why would anyone run the smaller blower on the bigger block? Just slap a bigger blower that is designed for the GT500 engine on it. I’m running a 2.9L Whipple on my 2011 GT500. It is fantastic!

stangfreak

Established Member
That wasn’t my point. Stangfreak said he got an adapter to use a smaller 03/04 supercharger on the bigger 5.4L GT500 block. Why would anyone run the smaller blower on the bigger block? Just slap a bigger blower that is designed for the GT500 engine on it. I’m running a 2.9L Whipple on my 2011 GT500. It is fantastic!

If I just drop a GT500 motor and blower setup and ecu to operate that setup, I will not be able to pass emissions in ny. I will leave it at that without discussing it on a forum.

what smaller blowr? You think I am going to put the eaton back on? lol I havent seen my eaton in 16 years. The 03 cobra has the 2.9, 3.4 and 4.0 whipple that you can put on a 5.4 block with those adapters. The power curve will be better with a 5.4. You can make more power on pump gas. Yea, its a bit of a pain in the ass to do but, its always another option to have. You can even do this with a 5.8 block and make even more power.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I already have a 2.9 whipple. I just think with a 4.6 and a twinscrew, you can only make so much power on 93 and or something like vp100 or ms109. I don't really use e85. Although I may. Not sure.

Why not E85? Is it an availability or quality issue where you are? You're leaving a considerable amount on the table not using it. Low, mid, and high range. All across the board.

stangfreak

Established Member
Why not E85? Is it an availability or quality issue where you are? You're leaving a considerable amount on the table not using it. Low, mid, and high range. All across the board.

I would have to buy the e85 at sk speed. Its a performance parts store. I know this has been spoken about for some time, but, I don't really drive the car anymore. My job kills me. Not sure if its really safe to leave vp fuel e85 in the car. But with these huge blowers going on the cobras, e85 is the solution. Totally agree with you.

GodStang

Established Member
Hey godstang, quick question. I was doing a search on the 5.4 adapter plates right. I came across the the reichard racing ones. On modfords, crazy dave who was making these kits said, " the RR adapters leave you with a very sharp angle causing nonoptimal airflow and small Cobra intake ports transitioning to the Navi head." I emailed the guy who made mine. Didnt get back to me as of yet about that. Do you think any kind of adapter plates will cause this issue?

Usually adapter plates cause a number of issues such as leaks and rerouting air to a non-optimal flow path. It just really depends how they go about making what items fit. Our biggest issues are our heads and lower intake/intercooler combo. Going to a 5.4L and not improving on these items really leaves a lot on the table.

Sorry I completely missed who you quoted. I thought you were talking about the original poster.

Users who are viewing this thread