11 second timeslip

VETTKLR

Established Member
timeslip9-19-03.jpg

This is what my '85 Mustang with the 408 ran @ 4200' Density altitude.

Naturally aspirated, hydraulic cam, granny-shifted World Class T-5 on 8.5" slicks.

The 14 second pass belongs to my Pontiac TransAm Buddy who's just slapped on the spray! His times will dramatically improve when the track opens back up!

As for my Cobra, the previous owner says that he cut a 12.0 @ 120 on Drag Radials and skinnies, so hopefully it will stay in the 12's in Amarillo.

VETTKLR

Established Member
Thanks, man! Believe it or not, the slicks were actually spinning on a 4500 rpm clutch dump. I'm looking for a set of 28" tall tires now that'll allow me some more gear when I put the spray to her! If I can't hook up some 28"x10.5"s, that's crazy!!! :)

VETTKLR

Established Member
I've been going to the track for about 10 years now. That reaction time was botched by my buddy in the other lane. He jumped, so I followed suit and we both lit the redbulb!

I backed that run up a half-hour later with a .546 light, 1.681 60ft., 7.435 @ 94.34mph 1/8, and [email protected] mph in the quarter.

Mods are:

351 SVO Block
Ross forged flat top pistons
Eagle forged 4.0" crank and 6.2" forged h-beam rods.
ARP bolts evrywhere
Canfield heads ported out big time
Edel. Vic Jr. Intake
Big's Performance Holley 750HP carb
Trick Flow Stage 3 cam
Scorpion 1.72 Rockers
2" Headers/3.5" Collectors
3.5"/3" Dr. Gas X-pipe
3"Mac Pro Dumps
3 gallons 110 octane mixed with 3 gallons of 91 octane
3.55 gears and a smoked trac-lock
That's about it!

If I had a decent track and some sea level air, it would no doubt be a 10 second car on motor.

I'm installing a spool now to replace that old Ford trac-lock that's long-gone. That should make the 60 ft. a little faster. Some 1.45-1.50 short times would rock!

And then, there's those 2 little bottles that say NX that were responsible for the demise of the original 302...cracked from the mains to the cam! Once I slap the smack back on, I don't think there are too many cars around here that'll touch it...I hope! :)

Users who are viewing this thread