11 Second Club

lightningone

Established Member
Well the Army has come through with a bounes and the Wife has granted me the ability to mod the truck. So my question is the best way to get a 11 Second truck. I have spent many 24hr duty days reading all the post so the only thing I would say is that I would be keeping the stock block and going with a KB or Whipple but if you could give me your ideas just in case I didnt catch that I all my readings. Thanks and support are troops. By the way have about $5500 to spend.

03 Lightning
Mainly Stock CAI, Exhaust

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
im in the army too haha. i have a buddy here that is in the marine corps and he just ordered the KB 2.6H and he said it was 3000 shipped and with a military discount. that is a screaming deal and would get you well on your way to the 11s. i would also go with a sbtb and full exhaust. the problem i have right now is my exhaust. i have a built motor and kb and im running 14psi because i have a stock manifold still. so i say, kb 2.6H, sbtb, mafia, full exhaust, and a good tune. if you go with the KB talk to them about your fuel set up, you might need to go with a boost a pump. your stock injectors will make 500rwhp.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
SO you got the KB 2.6. Thats part of the puzzle. Now you need the supporting mods, 60# injectors Mafia or SCT big air 2600 and larger fuel pumps

Last edited:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
I like the Whipple, but a KB will get you to your goals as well. You will NEED a Maf upgrade and a good tune. I like upgrading the pumps better than the Boost a Pump. The injectors should be good for your stock block application unless really turning up the wick. You can verify A/F and injector duty cycle on the dyno.

Traction mods will be key to running 11s. The power is pretty easy to make. You will need a driveshaft loop and traction bars. I run long bars. Other styles are available, but the long bars are simple and effective. You will need slicks and a lighter wheelset to run your best. Hoosier 28" true slicks will take you down to the low 11s with enough power. A higher stall converter and a valve body kit plus a deeper pan for the trans are all good ideas.:read:

Jim

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Yeah the KB will get you there. But I agree with the rest of the guys. You need the fuel and maf. upgrades along with traction to get you there. I am just needing the traction and some seat time and I should be close to a 11 sec. pass.

Users who are viewing this thread