11 GT500 - Break in Period: First Oil Change?

6-Speed

Established Member
i just bought some redline 5/50 - it says NOT to use until after engine is broken in - after 3000 miles. what does everyone think???? my 10' is at 600 miles, do i need to wait until 3000 to use this oil??
My suggestion is to dump the FF and refill with MC 5W50 and wait until at least 3000 miles before using Red Line per their recommendation ... just my 2c.

vankuen

Established Member
i just bought some redline 5/50 - it says NOT to use until after engine is broken in - after 3000 miles. what does everyone think???? my 10' is at 600 miles, do i need to wait until 3000 to use this oil??

I've got about 1600 on the clock, was about to change both my engine and tranny to Redline.

Not on these cars nor most modern engines. Remember, these cars came with synthetic from the factory. I use Purolator Pure 1 or Amsoil EA filters. They trap a lot more than the crap Ford filters.

So then you're saying that Redline just has that warning on there for old engines or non-synthetic based engines?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
When the piston rings are seated, it's safe to use a true synthetic base stock like Red Line.

I'm quite sure your rings are seated at 600 miles, but if it makes you feel better.....drive it till 1500 miles, then dump it. Make some of those miles WOT.

Simba43

Hello all I just joined, Interesting debate going on, I will do my oil every 3000 miles, But after break in At the 1000 mile mark To look for metal shavings ETC. Just bought a 2021 GT500, and here in the Philippines they're roughly 140k base model do to taxes and Duty, so protecting my investment and my new baby. I will spend a few more bucks on oil

Simba43

Hello all I just joined, Interesting debate going on, I will do my oil every 3000 miles, But after break in At the 1000 mile mark To look for metal shavings ETC. Just bought a 2021 GT500, and here in the Philippines they're roughly 140k base model do to taxes and Duty, so protecting my investment and my new baby. I will spend a few more bucks on oil

Users who are viewing this thread