'11 GT vs procharged '02

94_Vert

Established Member
So I have only run into two cars that wanted to run since I got my GT, it's kind of a rural area here. One was an Audi rs5 that waited to run until I thought he didn't want to play and then he took off and caught me off guard.

The other one I ran into today. :banana: It was a sonic blue? edge with a procharger and supporting mods, he didn't go into everything it had done but he said it was around 390hp at the crank. It sounded pretty good so it also had at least a catback. He was turning on to the entrance ramp to a 2 lane highway as I was behind him. He must of seen me as he turned because he stopped and waited for me to get close, and then revved his engine pretty good.

As we entered onto the highway he got over to the left, and waited for me to pull up. I nodded and waited for him to take off first, as I thought I could pull on him because I hadn't talked to him yet and didn't know it was blown. I imagine we were doing about 50 when he took off. He accelerated quickly enough that by the time I got on it he probably had about 2 cars on me. I started to panic thinking that I'm getting smoked by a stock edge gt with exhaust, I start to pull on him slowly in 2nd and quickly have to shift to 3rd. Halfway through 3rd I'm getting close to his bumper, and when I shift to 4th
I catch him and get just a bumper past him when we have to stop for traffic.
I didn't look at the speedo but I imagine we got close to 130.

The best part is later we both get stuck at a light when it enters the business area, and he asks me if I want to buy it. I laugh and say no but ask him what it has done and he proceeds to tell me about it. Then he says its his boss's car and it will be in the for sale section at the ford expo tomorrow at the local raceway in Columbus. He proceeds to peel out at every stop light ahead of us until he turns off the road. I'm betting his boss wouldn't be to happy about his driving habits, lol.

According to him it has 42k miles and he only wants 8k so it doesn't sound like a bad deal for anyone in the market.

For you guys in the more urban areas this probably happens all the time, but I rarely find a decent match, and even then they hardly ever want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread