11.93 @ 120 in the Boss last night

svteezy

Established Member
Well we ran my Dad's white Boss 302 last night at Gulfport Dragway. First pass was a 12.02 @ 119 with a 1.78 60ft. Then I ran an 11.93 @ 120.42 with a 1.77 60ft. The track sucks they dont prep it well at all so the car spun bad. The only thing done to the car is JMS tune that made 409rwhp and Weld RTS wheels with M/T drag radials (26 inch tall). I was very impressed with the mph and I think at a good track we will see some 11.5 and maybe a little faster.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Very nice! I just flashed a JMS tune into my car, HUGE difference. Cant wait to go back to the strip.

Gulfport does suck, haha!

Last edited:

svteezy

Established Member
Monty at JMS hooked my dad up on some tuning because it was the first Boss they got their hands on. For a bone stock car with just a tune and tires I was shocked! We want to go try No Problem Raceway in Lousianna but its a bout 2.5 hours away. He is about to put an Intake and some axle backs on it in the next week or so.

svteezy

Established Member
Very nice! I just flashed a JMS tune into my car, HUGE difference. Cant wait to go back to the strip.

Gulfport does suck, haha!

I would be willing to say that the tune they sent you is a copy of the one on my dads car. As far as I know his is the only Boss they have hands on tuned yet..

svteezy

Established Member
Here is a pic of the car with the new wheels.

sdof8w.jpg

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I would be willing to say that the tune they sent you is a copy of the one on my dads car. As far as I know his is the only Boss they have hands on tuned yet..

Awesome. The tune really woke the car up, can't wait to install my headers, cold air, and lower control arms.

slynch68

Established Member
PM me the next time you go to Gulfport. I need to bring my 2011 GT500 down there with the new tune, pulley, and xpipe. I run at Hub City but not a big fan of the grudge crap, money game. Great times in the BOSS!

svteezy

Established Member
PM me the next time you go to Gulfport. I need to bring my 2011 GT500 down there with the new tune, pulley, and xpipe. I run at Hub City but not a big fan of the grudge crap, money game. Great times in the BOSS!

will do man. I am probably going to go next wednesday night and run my coyote swap fox body.. this cool weather is awesome. I just wish gulfport hooked better. how does hub city hook up?

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
What ate your launch rpm's. Im going to try the 2 step mode tonight and will more than likely start at 5k launch.

Onefstpny

WOT you Say ???
Established Member
Its hit and miss, depends on the weekend/event. They do TNT on saturdays which is nice.

+ 1 ...I went after a big shoot out and on street tires almost hit the wall so I bolted on the D/R's and everything was good after that. We usually go on Sunday for test/tune its a little more laid back and get a lot more passes.

I plan going in the next few weeks if you guys decide to go let me know.

Grant808

Established Member
will do man. I am probably going to go next wednesday night and run my coyote swap fox body.. this cool weather is awesome. I just wish gulfport hooked better. how does hub city hook up?

Dude, you should link your vid of your coyote fox in your sig! Awesome-sick, man! :thumbsup:

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Well we ran my Dad's white Boss 302 last night at Gulfport Dragway. First pass was a 12.02 @ 119 with a 1.78 60ft. Then I ran an 11.93 @ 120.42 with a 1.77 60ft. The track sucks they dont prep it well at all so the car spun bad. The only thing done to the car is JMS tune that made 409rwhp and Weld RTS wheels with M/T drag radials (26 inch tall). I was very impressed with the mph and I think at a good track we will see some 11.5 and maybe a little faster.

Were you crossing the line in 4th or 5th. I went to run the Boss tonight on my MT 17 inch drag radials. They are 26 inch tall and I was hitting the rev limiter at 7500 in 4th gear just before the finish line. Best time was a 12.587 @ 114.24. My 60 ft times sucked and I couldn't get any better than low 1.9's. Going to order some 28" M&H drag radials to put on my 17 inch rims. Still learning how to drive with hydraulic clutch.

Last edited:

svteezy

Established Member
The car does have the torsen different and I launched at 4500 but the track wouldn't hold it.. I need to make some better videos of my fox its really fun to drive. I'm about to try a 150 shot on it. Shooting for the 9s in the fox with a t56.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I was stationed at the Seabee base right next to the drag strip in GPT for four years (03-07) and LOVED going on Wed nights! Nice Boss, would love to have one someday. I made many passes in my L down that strip...

ihatepotholes

Established Member
does this JMS flash void the factory warranty? and great time op, im loving that trap speed! congrats

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^yes but it's worth it :lol1:

I have the same tune as the OP and it really makes a huge difference in how the car performs, I think a gain of 27whp.

Users who are viewing this thread