11.86et @ 119 mph on stock F-1's with my 03 Cobra !

UPR2

My name is Joe Mainiero I own UPRproducts and design and develop new Ford / Mustang parts along with the toughest track testing possible.

My little experience at the Track was great I got there at 7:00pm to see it was very dead. I went to tech then straight to the lanes. Soon my Dad, kids and buddy got there and sat around then some guy walked buy a bit and took a long peek and mumbled something under his breath as he walked away. Then it came time to run the car I pulled out and did a couple of dry hops.

The traction was slick and tire frying. I pulled in the lights and went a 1.95 60' and spun through first lightly then part way through second and banged third. Pulled up to the ticket booth to see my 12.07et at 118mph.

Now came my second pass I sat and waited then here came the guys that mumbled stuff ealier. He came up to me and wanted to know what was done to it. By the way he was from the dial in lanes racing a new vette, he wants an 03 Cobra great spare car he says. He then praises the car a bit. Then I pulled out and did some more dry hops to see traction was killer.

Pulled in the lights then let'r rip shifted 2nd really fast no power shift same with third and fourth and the most the car got was a squeak on the start and each gear.

Pulled up to the ticket booth and saw a little dude waving and shaking his head. I thought WTH is he saying then as I proceeded to wait for the ticket in line he gets there any says buddy you have problems ? Again I say WTH he goes you went too fast, you went 11.86et @ 119mph. He tells me have a good night sir and come back went you have a LEGAL 6-point cage ): looks that way now since I'm going tens "SOON".

I though it was a good pass, 1.85 60' time on stock F-1's with only the UPR Venom kit.

Take care all
Joe Maniero

2003 Yellow Cobra
Tire: F-1
Shifter: UPR T-56 Blu Thunder shifter
Exhaust: UPR X-pipe & 2.5 Flowmaster cat back kit
Air Intake: UPR Cold air kit with Big Mouth filter
Electronics: UPR Autologic custom chip
Blower mods: UPR 2.80 blower pulley Hardcoat anodized

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Well congrats to you.

Perhaps you can help me with the problem I have with your coilover kit. After talking with your tech people about the bad fit of the coilover sleeve, the notch wouldn't fit over the spindle mount bracket, I was told it would be fine once the weight of the car was back on it. After 1 week of driving around listening to this thing pop and crack, I jacked it up and took these pics. You can clearly see the sleeve is turning on the shock and that the spring is digging into the sleeve when this happens.

The entire kit with K member, A arms and coilovers was purchased straight from the part listing on your internet site. I do not think it is fair for me to have to buy another coilover kit and pay the labor to have the next one installed. I've already purchased the part and paid labor for it once. It is not my fault the right parts wewre not supplied, nor is it my fault your representative gave incorrect information about the fit.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Got your email today! Thanks for the response. I've been real busy and this was good news to see your speedy and helpful response.:thumbsup:

The fit of the K member and A arms was absolutely AWESOME!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
thought youwere going the 03 Route?? hmmm...something your telling us about Fishy?

Users who are viewing this thread