11.75mpg...is that normal?

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
15.5 here, city / freeway mixed. Since I started running the Canned Predator tune I've lost a 1/2 mpg. Looks like I'll be going back to stock and getting a tune as well.

Last edited:

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
slowneon said:
so...could this simply be a combination of 91 gas + possible bad plugs + "safe" predator tune? sounds like I'm not too far off, but theres room for improvement for sure.
Doesnt that 91 octane cali gas have alot of addatives to it?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The best I can get is around 14.5-15.0 mpg and that's with almost all highway driving. I have a tune, a tonneau cover, and I change the fuel filter every other oil change. I'd like to get better mileage but I didn't buy the truck for mileage. I'm sure my "driving style" doesn't help any lol.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
The best I can get is around 14.5-15.0 mpg and that's with almost all highway driving. I have a tune, a tonneau cover, and I change the fuel filter every other oil change. I'd like to get better mileage but I didn't buy the truck for mileage. I'm sure my "driving style" doesn't help any lol.
that aint bad for a 400hp 5000lb brick!

wallie40

Established Member
I just came back from a 2700mile round trip vacation. I am 100% stock, driving from Los Angeles to Lewiston Idaho i was able to get 15mpg i would say about 350 miles/tank.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
just filled up for the second time, changed the ecu to compensate for the bigger wheels and tires half way through the tank. All in city driving...10.65mpg...wtf? I have a list of ASAP changes I wanna make and hopefully something will kick my mpg up one or two, but seriously this is a little worse than I expected. I have a jlp intake and ram air tube coming soon, I wanna put in ngk tr6s, new fuel filter, 170* tstat and if I had the money a catback exhaust. Any mods that anyone did that they noticed an increase in mpg? maybe the e-fan too?

jakhammer

Established Member
im getting 13-14mpg doing mostly city driving. I get approx 260-270 miles on 3/4 tank of fuel. I try to fill up on the 1/4 tank mark. it dont feel so bad when I see the price that way. hehehe. oh, I dont drive it all that easy either.

Chris

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
jakhammer said:
im getting 13-14mpg doing mostly city driving. I get approx 260-270 miles on 3/4 tank of fuel. I try to fill up on the 1/4 tank mark. it dont feel so bad when I see the price that way. hehehe. oh, I dont drive it all that easy either.

Chris
yeah I told myself I'd do the same thing, fill it up at the quarter mark just to feel better about what I'm dropping each time, but I just havent done it and I've paid 55-56 both fillups and got 248 the first full tank and 222 the second of all city driving and goosed it twice during the week. I think its a maintenance issue, somethings not running efficiently and I need to fix it, hoping its one of the items I listed above.

Flossing888

Established Member
So an interesting observation.. I calculated that I am getting 11.5 mpg in my 93 Mazda Rx-7. That is 2-3 mpg less than my 2001 Lightning. Just goes to show, performance cost money or gas in our case!!

I'D WIN

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
in strictly city driving I get about 12.5-13.5 mpg. I have a very fat tune (~9.5-10.5 a/f). So, I'd say you are fairly close. I was getting 10.5-11.5mpg driving with the O/D off since I usually don't go fast (damn traffic)

The tune does not affect your truck at partial throttle, only at WOT.

BTW,

I average about 16.5 on the highway at 75-80 mph.

Street - forgetaboutit!

Users who are viewing this thread