11 5.0 and the corn juice?

wildaries83

Established Member
I seen this area so thought I would post a question. I have "heard" you can run E85 on the 11-12 5.0 without changing anything other than getting a new tune. I am wondering if anyone is doing this, if so how long is the fuel system lasting and any problems?

wildaries83

Established Member
Well after doing some more research I don't even think it matters if I don't have to change anything. Closest station is about 30 min away to get it. To top it off it is $3.29 a gallon. That seems pretty steep. I pay 3.60 for 93

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Get a hand held tuner and have a 93 octane and E85 tune put on it. Then use either fuel when you can

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If you run E85 on a stock 11-13 5.0L, you will need 47 lb injectors, all else can remain stock. After a few bolt on's, you will need either a Vortech pump booster or a complete fuel system.

wbt

Banned
If you run E85 on a stock 11-13 5.0L, you will need 47 lb injectors, all else can remain stock. After a few bolt on's, you will need either a Vortech pump booster or a complete fuel system.

Not on a N/A car. I have run 11.00@124 with plenty of fuel left on just 47lbs. injectors. No other changes needed. Same with a Boss powered '11 running the same times.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Do the cars have more than just bolt ons? To my knowledge, from what you two post about the cars, you guys do not.

And I'm not the tuner, I just let people know what they need if they want Lund to tune their car on E85. These are Lunds recommendations, that is all.

wbt

Banned
Do the cars have more than just bolt ons? To my knowledge, from what you two post about the cars, you guys do not.

And I'm not the tuner, I just let people know what they need if they want Lund to tune their car on E85. These are Lunds recommendations, that is all.

They are bolt on cars. You only need fuel system upgrades outside of injectors when you go with a power adder.

BTW - we know Jon and Ken on a personal level. ;) Great guys.

Users who are viewing this thread